PUBG Xbox Update #8 patch notes went live Tuesday introducing a new controller preset for those hoping to maximize their gameplay on console.
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS console players are confined to particular controller presets, unlike PC players who can re-bind actions to anything on a keyboard or mouse.
A new controller preset might be the answer to those still struggling to master controls. Here's everything you need to know about the new Controller Preset: Type C in PUBG.
PUBG Xbox Update #8 Adds a New Controller Preset
Added a new Controller preset, Type C
- Preset settings can be changed in the menus labeled Configuration - Control - Controller Preset
- The new preset is more suitable for thumb - index finger - middle finger control
Compared to Preset A or B, Preset C is for players that utilize leaning and combat strategies heavily
- Preset C does not have the Aim (over the shoulder) key
- Leaning can be used by pressing LB or RB key. Leaning was separated from the analog sticks to avoid disrupting the aim or movement.
- The key to equip sidearm has been changed to double tap Y for a quicker change in dynamic battles
For other changes, please set the in-game Controller Guide
A word from our dev team
- Controller preset C is designed to make a battle focused preset, so players would have minimum difficulty when moving, aiming, leaning or firing during combat by making them all independent.
- Preset C omitted the less commonly used key (in this case, AIM down the shoulder) and tried to avoid the loss in response time of ADS or distraction to combat.
- We will be adding customization options to all presets (A, B and C) allowing some key settings to be added/altered. We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback.
Photo courtesy of PUBG Corp