PuffPals: Island Skies has been gaining a lot of traction on Kickstarter, a worldwide crowdfunding website.
As a farming and life simulator, PuffPals: Island Skies appeals to Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley fans everywhere. Along with these qualities, the game also allows for customization options and interactions with NPCs in the game.
Here's everything you need to know about PuffPals: Island Skies and its Kickstarter.
PuffPals: Island Skies Kickstarter: Everything You Need to Know
In March 2021, their team began production on PuffPals: Island Skies. Then, they launched the campaign on April 6. With the campaign coming to a close on May 6, here's what you have to look forward to:
• Alpha launch in 2023
• Early access in 2024
• Final release in 2025
Playable Platforms and Consoles
PuffPals: Island Skies is currently set for a PC, Mac, and Nintendo Switch release. However, PC is the only platform that receives alpha testing, early access, and final release.
Mobile and Mac platforms will see both early access and final release, while Nintendo Switch will only receive the final release.
Kickstarter Stretch Goals
At the time of writing, over $1.5 million have been raised for PuffPals: Island Skies. Fluffnest, the creator, established the Kickstarter with the intent to raise $75,000, but it quickly rose past their expectations. Here are the stretch goals for this project:
• $75,000: The game will be created.
• $100,000: Fishing is added to the game.
• $200,000: Veggie and Fruit friends is created for pet options.
• $320,000: Recycling abilities.
• $385,000: Cooking is another activity added into this game.
• $450,000: An arcade is inside of the game.
• $500,000: PuffPals: Island Skies will be made for the Nintendo Switch.
• $600,000: Every donator or backer gets a free pet in-game, named CAT-aloupe.
• $700,000: An artbook in both visual and physical formats.
• $800,000: Desert Runes and Observatory are added for storytelling and historical purposes.
• $900,000: Jungle and underwater biomes are added.
• $1 million: Multiplayer functionality.
• $1.1 million: Arctic biomes are implemented.
• $1.2 million: Run a shop and sell items to other PuffPals.
• $1.3 million: A biome decided on by the community is included.
• $2 million: An amusement park will be added to the game as another biome.
The $2 million marker is the only one that has not been reached yet, but there's still time before the kickstarter ends on May 6.
There are multiple reward tiers available, ranging from $1 to $5,000. The rewards are practically limitless with donations, ranging from a digital wallpaper to creating your own NPC. With just a $20 donation, players will have access to early release.
Along with these options, there are multiple merchandise items for sale such as physical add-ons like stuffed animals and a sticker pack. If you are interested, check out Fluffnest's Kickstarter here.
For more information on PuffPals: Island Skies, stay tuned to DBLTAP's coverage on top games.