A package of quality of life changes for Malphite is on its way to the League of Legends Public Beta Environment, Riot Games announced Friday.
The League of Legends developer shared two high level goals for the changes: to improve the visceral satisfaction of Malphite’s abilities, targeting Brutal Strikes (W) in particular, and to retain Maplhite’s accessibility and reliable team-fighting potential.
The changes begin with Malphite’s Granite Shield (Passive). The champion will now glow when his shield regenerates, making it clearer when Malphite can use the shield. Malphite’s size also scales with armor. Beyond that, the changes become fairly involved. Check them out below, and expect them on the PBE Saturday.
Malphite Changes Coming to the PBE
Seismic Shard (Q)
- Range increased from 625 to 700
- Missile speed increased from 1,200 to 1,400, and spawns closer to its target on cast
- Cast time increased from 0.25 seconds to 0.4
- AP scaling reduced from 0.6 to 0.4
- No longer “steals” his target’s movement speed. Instead slows target by 20/25/30/35/40% and increases his own movement speed by 20/25/30/35/40%
- Speed duration decreased from four seconds to three
- Now casts the saw blade from his right arm, also increasing how fast the missile reaches its target
- Targets affected by Q are covered in a molten rock effect during the slow
- Miscellaneous values adjusted to increase the weighty feeling of the attack
- Name changed from Brutal Strikes
- Resets auto attack on cast and deals 40/55/60/85/100 bonus physical damage, scaling with 0.2 armor and 0.4 AP
- Malphite’s auto attacks create aftershocks for the next six seconds that deal 10/20/30/40/50 physical damage to all enemies in range of the cone, scaling with 0.1 armor and 0.2 AP
- No longer gains 3x his bonus armor while his shield is active
- Still grants +10/15/20/25/30% armor permanently
Unstoppable Force (R)
- Malphite’s base skin now features an impact crater
Photo courtesy of Riot Games