Regigigas in Pokemon GO has become the new opponent for EX-Raids starting Jan. 23.
The featured Pokemon in this EX Raid is Regigigas, a Normal-type Legendary Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. As with other normal-type Pokemon, learning what counters him is important, and it isn't as obvious as a water or fire-type Pokemon
Regigigas Pokemon GO: How to Counter Regigigas Ex-Raid
Luckily, some of the most powerful and offensive Pokemon are fighting-type Pokemon which is the main weakness of normal-type. Any of these Pokemon will do great against Regigigas.
- Lucario with Counter and Aura Sphere
- Machamp with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Breloom with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Hariyama with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Toxicroak with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Heracross with Counter and Close Combat
The only problem is Regigigas has a lot of Psychic-type moves which decimate fighting-type Pokemon, so be prepared to rotate a lot of Pokemon.
By the time the new EX-Raids go live, the new battle changes will take affect.
- Charged Attacks and switching will now be queued and activated at the end of the current Fast Attack and won’t be overridden by any following Fast Attacks.
- Certain visual bugs in battles have been fixed.
A few other Pokemon had visuals fixed and some older Pokemon can learn new moves!