Rift Rivals NA vs. EU details were revealed Wednesday following the conclusion of the Mid-Season Invitational
Rift Rivals NA vs EU Details Revealed
Rift Rivals NA vs. EU will take place June 24-27 at the LCS Studio in Los Angeles. The top three spring split teams from both the LCS and LEC will compete against each other in a two stage tournament. The first stage features LCS teams taking on LEC teams in a round-robin best-of-one formant. A regional advantage will then be determined from the results leading to a relay race final.
Here are the teams scheduled to compete at Rift Rivals:
- Team Liquid (LCS spring split champion)
- Team SoloMid (LCS spring split runner-up)
- Cloud9 (LCS spring split highest placing semifinalist)
- G2 Esports (LEC spring split champion)
- Origen (LEC spring split runner-up)
- Fnatic (LEC spring split highest placing semifinalist)
Rift Rivals, a League of Legends international competition, serves as a bridge between MSI and the World Championship. It was created to offer fans more international competition which fans felt was lacking before its inclusion.
Riot Games groups rival regions together to compete against each other: LCS vs. LEC and LCK vs. LPL vs. LMS. This will be the third iteration of the event.
Photo courtesy of LoL Esports