A brand new season of Rocket League is here. From Sept. 7 until Dec. 7, Rocket League Season 8 will be taking place.
Season 7 saw the addition of the Gilded version of the Utopia Colosseum. Now with Season 8, we have the Sovereign Heights as the new map.
There's plenty of new content in the update, so let's take a look at what changes Rocket League has made in Season 8.
Rocket League Season 8 Patch Notes
- Season 8 Rocket Pass, featuring the ‘Honda Civic Type R,’ has begun
- The Honda Civic Type R uses the Octane hitbox
- EdgeLight: Painted versions of the Honda Civic Type R and Honda Civic Type R-LE feature a new treatment called EdgeLight. This adds a glowing visual effect to the trim
- Painted variants of the Honda Civic Type R and Honda Civic Type R-LE are found in Season 8 Rocket Pass Pro Tiers
- EdgeLight cannot be disabled on Painted variants of the Type R
- Season 8 Tournaments are now available
- Any unspent Season 7 Tournament Credits automatically convert into rewards
- Tournament Credits have converted to the highest level reward you are capable of earning based on your Tournament Rank and the amount of Tournament Credits you have remaining
- Every player who played in at least one tournament this season will receive one All-Star cup
- Stage 1 Challenges for Season 8 are now live
- Season 8 Competitive has started - A soft reset has been applied to all Competitive Playlists, similar to previous seasons
Changes and Updates
- Added Forbidden Temple (Day) to the Competitive Playlist rotation
- Removed Starbase ARC (Aftermath) from all Online Playlists
New Arena Variant
- The new ‘Sovereign Heights’ Arena can be found in Online Playlists
Season 7 Competitive Rewards
Season 7 Competitive has ended. Season Reward Items and Titles will be awarded for your highest Rank achieved during the season, and successful completion of the appropriate Season Reward Levels.
Season 7 Rewards are non-tradable Boosts
- Bronze I or higher – Season 7 – Bronze Boost
- Silver I or higher – Season 7 – Silver Boost + lower Boost
- Gold I or higher – Season 7 – Gold Boost + lower Boosts
- Platinum I or higher – Season 7 – Platinum Boost + lower Boosts
- Diamond I or higher – Season 7 – Diamond Boost + lower Boosts
- Champion I or higher – Season 7 – Champion Boost + lower Boosts
- Grand Champion I – Season 7 – Grand Champion Boost + lower Boosts
- Supersonic Legend – Season 7 – Supersonic Legend Boost + lower Boosts
Grand Champion Titles (in Crimson text)
- Competitive Grand Champion: "S7 GRAND CHAMPION"
- Rumble Grand Champion: "S7 RNG CHAMP"
- Hoops Grand Champion: "S7 DUNK MASTER"}|
- Snow Day Grand Champion: "S7 BLIZZARD WIZARD"
- Dropshot Grand Champion: "S7 FLOOR DESTROYER"
Supersonic Legend Titles (in Titanium White text)
- Competitive Supersonic Legend: "S7 SUPERSONIC LEGEND"
- Rumble Supersonic Legend: "S7 RNGENIUS"
- Hoops Supersonic Legend: "S7 LEGENDARY BALLER"
- Snow Day Supersonic Legend: "S7 ICE TITAN"
- Dropshot Supersonic Legend: "S7 TILE ANNIHILATOR"