As part of the Season of Alola, Niantic Labs has implemented research arcs inspired by each of the region's separate islands.
The latest content season in Pokemon GO has begun and trainers are already attempting to complete every inch of what the Season of Alola has to offer. Part—or, should we say, parts—of the newly released content includes a set of research arcs themed around each of the Alola region's five islands.
The first arc features Melemele Island.
Season of Alola Melemele Island Research Tasks and Rewards
It appears this research arc is focused on helping trainers complete the "Welcome to Alola" collection challenge. We've broken down each of its four tiers and their rewards, below.
"A Melemele Adventure" Tier 1
The research tasks in the first tier of this arc are:
- Catch 10 Pokemon—Alolan Rattata Encounter
- Send 3 Gifts with Stickers Attached—10 PokeBalls
- Catch 5 Normal-type Pokemon—Yungoos Encounter
The end of tier rewards are 10 Pinap Berries, 500 XP, and 500 Stardust.
"A Melemele Adventure" Step 2
Tier two's research tasks are:
- Take a Snapshot of a Wild Pokemon—5 Razz Berries
- Use 7 Berries to Help Catch Pokemon—10 Great Balls
- Catch 10 Pokemon—Pikipek Encounter
This tier's ending rewards are one (1) Charged TM, 500 XP, and 500 Stardust.
"A Melemele Adventure" Step 3
Tier three tasks trainers with the following challenges:
- Catch 6 Normal-type Pokemon—Yungoos Encounter
- Catch 3 Different Species of Normal-type Pokemon—Yungoos Encounter
- Spin 5 PokeStop/Gym Discs—Alolan Raticate Encounter
The ending rewards for tier three are one (1) Raid Pass, 1000 XP, and 1000 Stardust.
"A Melemele Adventure" Step 4
Tier four is the final part of this research arc and has the following tasks:
- Send 5 Gifts—10 Great Balls
- Catch 15 Pokemon—7 Pinap Berries
- Win a Raid—Alolan Meowth Encounter
Tier four's ending rewards are 15 Ultra Balls, 8000 XP, and 3000 Stardust.
More information about the Season of Alola can be found on the official Pokemon GO news blog.