Shadow Moltres has returned to Pokémon GO as a reward for the latest round of special research tasks players can complete. They'll have to go through plenty of steps, but at the end of the process is the chance to add a legendary Pokémon to their collections. Here's how to catch Shadow Moltres.
Shadow Moltres Pokémon GO: Shadow Legendary Returns in Special Research
To earn a shot at catching a Shadow Moltres, you'll have to complete five steps, each with three tasks. Here are all the steps and tasks you'll need to take on, plus the rewards for each step.
- Spin 10 PokéStops — 500 XP
- Defeat three Team GO Rocket grunts — 500 XP
- Catch 1 Shadow Pokémon — 500 XP
- Reward: 500 Stardust, 10 Poké Balls, 10 Razz Berries
- Spin a PokéStop five days in a row — 750 XP
- Purify 15 Shadow Pokémon — 750 XP
- Win five raids — 750 XP
- Reward: 1,000 Stardust, three Hyper Potions, three Revives
- Use six super effective Charge moves in gym battles — 1,000 XP
- Win three Great League Trainer Battles against another trainer — 1,000 XP
- Defeat six Team GO Rocket grunts — 1,000 XP
- Reward: 1,500 Stardust, 15 Great Balls, five Pinap Berries
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Arlo — 1,250 XP
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Cliff — 1,250 XP
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra — 1,250 XP
- Reward: 2,000 Stardust, one Super Rocket Radar, three Golden Razz Berries
- Find the Team GO Rocket Boss — 2,500 Stardust
- Battle the Team GO Rocket Boss — 1,500 XP
- Defeat the Team GO Rocket Boss — Three Silver Pinap Berries
- Reward: 3,000 Stardust, one Fast TM, one Charged TM
Completing this last step will also give you the chance to catch the Shadow Moltres he deployed against you.