Shiny Celebi in Pokemon GO is currently available at the end of the Special Research offered during the Pokemon movie Secrets of the Jungle event.
Niantic Labs announced a collaboration event with the latest Pokemon movie—Secrets of the Jungle—starting on Dec. 14. For the duration of the collaboration, trainers can participate in a special limited-time research plot that will eventually offer them a chance to catch shiny Celebi.
Shiny Celebi Pokemon GO Research Tasks
The title for this special storyline is "Distracted by Something Shiny." There are four tasks in total which, in the end, will reward trainers with an encounter with shiny Celebi. However, only the first three pose any challenge.
- Transfer ten Pokemon—20 Ultra Balls.
- Catch ten grass-type Pokemon—Nuzleaf encounter
- Evolve three grass-type Pokemon—Cottonee encounter
Final rewards for this stage are 1000 experience points, 500 stardust, and a Diglett encounter.
- Play with your Buddy Pokemon ten times—Poffin
- Take a Snapshot of a grass-type Pokemon—Combee encounter
- Give your Buddy Pokemon ten treats—Cherubi encounter
Final rewards for this stage include 1000 experience points, 500 stardust, and a Pinsir encounter with a shiny chance.
- Defeat Jesse and James four times—five Max Revives
- Make five Great Curveball Throws—Hoothoot encounter
- Hatch three Eggs—Whimsicott encounter
Completion of these tasks rewards 1000 experience points, 500 stardust, and a Vibrava encounter.
There are no tasks for this stage as all of them auto-complete upon opening. Instead, the rewards are 1500 experience points, 500 stardust, and encounters with Oddish, Foongus, and shiny Celebi.