1047 Games announced that it will be going forward with its infinite beta period for Splitgate with its first beta season, Season 0.
The announcement came during its segment on the Gamescom 2021 Opening Night Live broadcast. 1047 Games appears to be making good on its permanent beta promise with a host of brand new content packaged under the title "Season 0."
Thanks to a post on Splitgate's official website, we have a good grasp on what players can expect from Season 0.
Splitgate Season 0 Explained
Splitgate's Season 0 will have a new station map, battle pass, game modes, and several major quality of life (QoL) changes alongside the typical bug fixes. For convenience, we've broken up the notes into sections.
New Map: Karman Station
Perhaps the most exciting addition in Season 0—Splitgate players now have a new map to play on: Karman Station.
This map is a "reimagining of the original map, Outpost." It is set to replace Outpost on the map roster. Longtime pre-beta players will likely recognize the various similarities, changes and improvements, the development team wrote.
Causal Team Rumble and Contamination
A new mode and new playlist will be added in Season 0.
Casual Team Rumble is a playlist that contains modes that 1047 has deemed "too wacky" for normal casual play. These modes include, but are not limited to, Big Head Snipers, Splitball, Laser Tag, and the new Contamination.
Contamination pits two teams against each other in a vicious battle to survive and conquer. One team will be "Contaminated" and start with bats only. Their goal is to frag members of the "Human" team to turn them into Contaminated players. Human team members start with shotguns and must outlast the efforts of the Contaminated by surviving until the clock runs out. Each Human team member respawns as a Contaminated, making the game more difficult with every kill.
Season 0 Battle Pass
The Season 0 Battle Pass has 100 tiers of reward to work through, including "New Armors, Weapon Skins, Name Tags, Banners, and a Portal Skin" that are exclusive to the pass. Players who purchase the pass will automatically unlock Season 0's challenges.
QoL: Aim Assist, Referral Pass, Kill Cam, and More
1047 Games has implemented a huge host of quality of life improvements—both big and small. We've compiled a full list of all additions and updates made to Splitgate in Season 0, below.
Players can expect the following QoL changes:
- Final Kill Cam to view the final kill of a match.
- Kill Cam enabled on all modes, as per petition request.
- Aim Assist slider to customize how much aim assist players experience—100% being the default.
- Custom Game browser gains search and filtering options.
- Custom Game maker adds Team Switch option.
- New Referral Pass with nine tiers of rewards. Only new referrals count toward this pass.
- Overtime added to King of the Hill, VIP, and Oddball game modes.
- Doing all Daily Challenges gives a drop.
- You can now shoot portals through the bodies of allies.
- More Elo Divisions have been added, e.g.: ELO 3000 =Diamond 1, ELO 3300 = Diamond 4, etc.
Bug Fixes & Rebalances
The following improvements have been made:
- Beta BP bug fixed—You can equip items 11-15 from the Beta Battle Pass in your locker. (Beta Fish is happy)
- Footstep audio fixed.
- Further server optimizations.
- Unnamed and unquantified "numerous miscellaneous bug fixes."
- The pistol has been reworked and is now fully automatic with a .125 fire rate, and tweaked damage: 15.5 body, 17.5 head
- Pickup zone text visibility improvements.
- Updated Hills and DOM points on certain maps.
- Hill Mesh updated.
"This is the beginning of a new era for Splitgate which means you can expect more updates and enhancements in the near future!" The development team wrote, "See you in the Arena!"