Capcom have officially announced Street Fighter 6, with more information coming this Summer.
After much patience and speculation, the mystery behind Capcom's almost ominous countdown has been revealed. Earlier today, Capcom officially announced that Street Fighter 6 is on the way. It's been a hot minute since we've seen any new Street Fighter content; Street Fighter 5 was released back in 2016 then was given some hefty updates in both 2018 and 2020.
While many anticipated Capcom's reveal to be the next Street Fighter, others had their hopes set on some Resident Evil DLC or official word on their next remake.
Street Fighter 6 Officially Announced by Capcom
Along with the announcement, Capcom released a short teaser which shows Ryu getting ready to face off against Luke - the final character revealed for Street Fighter 5. Capcom also announced the Capcom Fighting Collection - a ten game anthology featuring a number of the studio's iconic fighting games. This collection includes two Darkstalkers games that have previously been unreleased in North America.
The full collection includes:
- Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge
- Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
- Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers’ Revenge (First official release in North America)
- Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire (First official release in North America)
- Red Earth (First release outside of arcades)
- Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
- Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Hyper Street Fighter II
The Capcom Fighting Collection is set to be released on June 24, 2022 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
As for Street Fighter 6, no word has been given on its release date just yet. However, Capcom have stated that more information will be coming this Summer.