Symmetra, Zarya Nerfed in Overwatch PTR Patch Introducing Shared Install
Bastion, Symmetra, Zarya and Sigma received nerfs on Overwatch's Public Test Region (PTR) Thursday.
While Bastion's changes focused on their Self-repair ability, Symmetra, Zarya and Sigma each had their primary fire damage lowered. Sigma was the only of the three Overwatch heroes to also receive a damage buff, which applied to his Accretion ability.
In addition to balance changes, Overwatch PTR Patch 126.96.36.199441 introduced shared install for PTR and base Overwatch clients. This change reduces the disk space required to install and keep updated both clients. Benefitting from the change requires reinstalling the PTR client.
Check out the full list of hero changes below, and the rest of the PTR patch notes here.
- Self-repair no longer consumes resource while Bastion is at full health.
- Bastion now correctly initiates .25 sec of recovery time when canceling Self-repair with weapon fire.
- Beam width lowered from 0.3 meters to 0.15
- Beam DPS per level lowered from 65/130/195 to 60/120/180
- Beam width no longer scales with energy (from 0.1 to 0.2) and is now always 0.15.
- Max Beam DPS lowered from 190 to 170
- Explosion damaged reduced from 35 to 30
- Added a toggle option for deploying Sigma’s Experimental Barrier
- Explosion damage increased from 50 to 60
- Intro cast time increased from 0.4 seconds to 0.6
Photo courtesy of Blizzard