Taimou Declines Invitation to Play For Team Finland at Overwatch World Cup
By Ryan Borja
Timo "Taimou" Kettunen confirmed Tuesday he will not participate in the Overwatch World Cup for Team Finland.
This will be the first World Cup in which the Finnish DPS player will not participate, having represented Finland for all three previous years.
Joni "Seita" Paavola, the head coach for Finland, reached out to Taimou after Tuomo "Davin" Leppänen announced he would no longer participate in the World Cup. Taimou, a fan favorite for Finland, explained he made the decision to not replace Davin on Team Finland because of personal plans.
Aleksi "Zuppeh" Kuntsi, Davin's teammate on Team Gigantti, will take his place.
Seita originally tried out Taimou for the roster in July. Seita said he selected Clockwork Vendetta player Ricky "Ricky" Foxell over Taimou in order to give Ricky an "opportunity to show what he can do."
Team Finland's Roster for the 2019 Overwatch World Cup consists of:
- DPS - Richard "rCK" Kanerva (Boston Uprising)
- DPS - Ricky "Ricky" Foxell (Clockwork Vendetta)
- Tank - Joonas "zappis" Alakurrti (Team Gigantti)
- Tank - Roni "LhCloudy" Tiihonen (Paris Eternal)
- Support - Jonas "Shaz" Suovaara (Los Angeles Gladiators)
- Support - Petja "Masaa" Kantanen (Atlanta Reign)
- Support - Aleksi "Zuppeh" Kuntsi (Team Gigantti)
- Coach - Joni "Seita" Paavola (Paris Eternal)
Photo Courtesy of Blizzard