The Artist is Dead by Daylight's next Killer, set to be introduced in Chapter XXII: Portrait of a Murder. That DLC is coming later this month, but we've already been treated to plenty of information about The Artist.
The Artist, real name Carmina Mora, is a ranged-reconnaissance Killer who uses her Dire Crows to scout out the map and attack Survivors. She also uses a Sharp Palette Blade. Here's what you need to know about her Perks, Addons, Abilities and more.
The Artist Perks
- Grim Embrace — Level 30 — Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, Grim Embrace gains a Token. Upon reaching 4 Tokens, Grim Embrace activates, causing The Entity to block all Generators for 20/25/30 seconds. The Aura of the Obsession is revealed for four seconds.
- Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance — Level 35 — At the start of the Trial, 4 random Hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks. The Auras of Scourge Hooks are revealed. Any time a Survivor is hooked on a Scourge Hook the Generator with the most Progression explodes, instantly losing 9/12/15% Progression and starting to regress. Survivors repairing that Generator will scream, revealing their location.
- Hex: Pentimento – Level 40 – You see the Auras of cleansed Totems. You can perform a ritual on a cleansed Totem to resurrect it as a Rekindled Totem. The more Rekindled Totems you create, the greater their effects:
1 Totem: Reduces the Repair speed of all Survivors by 20/25/30%.
2 Totems: Reduces the Healing speed of all Survivors by 20/25/30%.
3 Totems: Reduces the Recovery speed of all Survivors by 20/25/30%.
4 Totems: Reduces the Gate Opening speed of all Survivors by 20/25/30%.
5 Totems: All Totems are blocked by The Entity.
When a Rekindled Totem is cleansed, its remains are consumed by The Entity.
The Artist Addons
Ultra Rare Addons
- Garden of Rot: When a Survivor affected by Dire Crows completes the repel action, they are afflicted by the Exposed status effect for 4 seconds
- Iridescent Feather: The Artist gains the Undetectable Status effect when Birds of Torment is in cooldown and she holds no Dire Crows. Decreases the maximum capacity of Dire Crows by 1.
Very Rare Addons
- Ink Egg: Increase the maximum capacity of Dire Crows by 1. Decreases the time Dire Crows stay idle before disintegrating by 4 seconds.
- Matias’ Baby Shoes: Survivors within 5 meters of an idle Dire Crow have their auras revealed for 3 seconds.
- Severed Hands: Any Survivors near a Survivor being swarmed by Dire Crows will also be swarmed.
- Severed Tongue: Decreases the length of time The Artist’s movement slows when Dire Crows take flight by 0.5 seconds.
- Charcoal Stick: The Dire Crow’s aura is no longer visible when in flight. The Dire Crow’s aura is visible for 0.5 seconds when summoned.
- Darkest Ink: When Dire Crows swarm a Survivor, it afflicts them with the Blindness status effect. The effect persists for 15 seconds after Dire Crows are repelled from a Survivor.
- O Grief, O Lover: When Dire Crows swarm a Survivor, it afflicts them with the Exhausted status effect.
- Silver Bell: When Dire Crows swarm a Survivor it afflicts them with the Oblivious status effect.
- Thorny Nest: Survivors damaged by a Dire Crow are afflicted with the Hemorrhage and Mangled status effects.
- Automatic Drawing: Decreases Birds of torment cooldown time by 1.5 seconds after a Dire Crow disintegrates from inactivity
- Festering Carrion: Decreases Birds of Torment cooldown time by 0.5 second after a Dire Crow takes flight.
- Still Life Crow: Increases the time Dire Crows stay idle before disintegrating by 4 seconds.
- Untitled Agony: When Dire Crows Swarm a Survivor, it afflicts them with the Hindered status effect for 1.5 seconds.
- Velvet Fabric: When a survivor attempts to repel a Dire Crow swarm, the swarm’s aura remains visible for an additional 1.5 seconds.
- Choclo Corn: Increases the time Dire Crows stay idle for before disintegrating by 2 seconds.
- Oil Paints: Increases the Dire Crow’s Killer Instinct detection range by 1.5 meters.
- Thick Tar: Increases the time for Survivors to repel a Dire Crow Swarm by 0.5 seconds.
- Vibrant Obituary: Increases the length of time a Dire Crow’s killer Instinct reveals Survivors by 1.5 Seconds.
The Artist Abilities
The Artist uses a power called Birds of Torment, which they charge by pressing the Power button. Once it's fully charged, they can tap the Attack button to summon a Dire Crow. This action can be repeated in quick succession by continuously holding the Power button and tapping the Attack button again.
When at least one Dire Crow is summoned, it stays idle for a limited amount of time. Spawning a new Dire Crow extends the idle time of the previous Dire Crow. Tapping the Ability button propels a Dire Crow into flight, causing them to deal damage for a short distance when flying. This is indicated to The Artist by the Dire Crow's Flight Path. When a Dire Crow continues past its Flight Path, it stops dealing damage but can pass through obstacles and reveal nearby Survivors to The Artist.
Dire Crows can create a Swarm around Survivors they hit, which reveal the Swarm's Aura on the Survivor in question. Survivors being swarmed also received damage if they are hit by a second Dire Crow. The Survivor can repel Swarms either by completing the Repel action or entering a Locker. They can also destroy Dire Crows with Flashlights, Firecrackers or Flash Grenades.
The Artist Release Date
The Artist arrives in Chapter XXII: Portrait of a Murder, which is slated for release in November. No specific date has yet been revealed.