The Artist is the newest Killer introduced by Dead by Daylight. She comes with the newest Portrait of a Murder chapter coming to the game sometime this month.
The Artist is an original killer made by developers. Carmina Mora was a painter in her life, who wanted to end her own life before being saved by a murder of crows. She was abducted by corrupt local officials, who cut her tongue and hands off after her campaigning against them. Now, she seeks vengeance and blood for her flock of crows.
The Artist Perks
The Artists brings the following perks to those killers who wield her in Dead by Daylight:
- Grim Embrace
- Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, you gain a token. Upon reaching 4 tokens Grim Embrace activates.
- The Entity blocks all generators for 20 seconds. The Obsession aura is revealed to you for 4 seconds.
- Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance
- At the start of the trial, up to 4 random hooks are charge into scourge hooks. You see their auras in white.
- Any time a Survivor is hooked on a scourge hook, the generator with the most progress explodes, instantly losing 9% progress and will start to regress. Survivors repairing the generator will scream, revealing their location.
- Hex: Pentimento
You see the aura of destroyed Totems. You can perform a ritual on a destroyed Totem to resurrect it as a Rekindled Totem. The more Rekindled Totems that exist, the greater their effects.
1 Rekindled Totem: Reduces Survivors’ repair speed by 20%
2 Rekindled Totems: Reduces Survivors’ healing speed by 20%
3 Rekindled Totems: Reduces Survivors’ recovery speed from being down by 20%
4 Rekindled Totems: Reduces Survivors’ exit gate opening speed by 20%
5 Rekindled Totems: All Totems are blocked by the Entity
When Can We Play as The Artist?
The Portrait of a Murder chapter is scheduled to release sometime this November, meaning we'll have to wait to try out The Artist's perks. However, the Player Test Build is available now.
The Player Test Build, according to the DBD forum is an early build of the final release available through a BETA branch of the Steam version of Dead by Daylight. You can test out the new chapter and what it has to offer, as well as leave feedback on what should be fixed prior to it's final release in a few weeks.