A new killer has entered the Dead by Daylight PTB — The Knight. Players have been granted the first look at some of its abilities, perks, and add-ons. The Knight joins as an original Killer in the Forged in Fog Chapter, which also adds in a new map and Survivor to the selection.
Below, we've taken a look at The Knight's kit, ahead of its release on Nov. 22.
The Knight Perks, Abilities, and Add-Ons in Dead by Daylight
The Knight Perks
Nowhere to Hide
Whenever you damage a generator, reveal the aura of all survivors standing within 24 meters of your position for 3/4/5 seconds.
Hex: Face the Darkness
When this Hex is inactive and you injure a Survivor, a Dull Totem becomes lit and hexes that Survivor. When the Hex is active, all other Survivors outside of your Terror Radius will have a chance to scream intermittently, revealing their positions and auras for two seconds. Other Survivors also see the aura of the cursed Survivor for 12/10/8 seconds. When the cursed Survivor is downed or returned to full health, the Hex is lifted, and the Hex Totem becomes unlit. Cleansing the Hex totem deactivates Hex: Face the Darkness permanently.
Whenever you are stunned by a Survivor, that Survivor suffers from the Exposed status effect for 10/15/20 seconds. Hubris has a cooldown of 20 seconds.
The Knight Abilities
Tap the Power button to activate Guard Summon mode. Once activated, move around to create a Patrol Path. While in Guard Summon mode, you can aim at a Generator in progress, a downed pallet or a breakable wall and tap the Attack button. This will summon a Guard to complete a break action on the selection object. You can also tap the Power Button or drain the Power Gauge completely to end the Guard Summon mode. This will summon a Guard who will follow and Patrol the created Path. THere are three Guards that are summoned in the same order each time: The Carnifex, who can break or damage objects faster; The Assassin, who moves faster during the Hunt; and The Jailer, who patrols longer and is better at detection.
While a Guard is patrolling, he can spot and detect Survivors. If a Survivor is detected, the Guard will move to their location, leave a Standard on the ground, and start Hunting the Survivor for a set amount of time. The Survivor can escape a Guard by unhooking another Survivor, grabbing the Standard, or surviving until the Hunt timer ends. If the Survivor is successfully attacked by the Guard or The Knight, the Guard will disappear. When a Guard downs a Survivor, The Knight receives a Killer Instinct notification.
The Knight Add-Ons
- Tattered Tabard: Increases Patrol time for all Guards by six seconds.
- Pillaged Mead: Decreases the amount of time it takes for a Guard to complete their Order action by 25%.
- Map of the Realm: Increases the detection Range for Guards on Patrol by six meters.
- Gritty Lump: Increases Guard's movement Speed while on Patrol by 9%.
- Treated Blade: When cycling through the summoned Guards, The Assassin appears twice in a row.
- Dried Horsemeat: Increases the amount of time a Guard will Hunt a Survivor by four seconds.
- Cold Steel Manacles: When cycling through summon Guards, The Jailer appears twice in a row.
- Call to Arms: Increases the length of a Patrol Path by 10 meters, and, while creating the path, movement speed is increased by 25%.
- Battleaxe Head: When cycling through summoned Guards, The Carnifex appears twice in a row.
- Town Watch's Torch: When Survivors escape Guard Hunts without being hit three times, the Knight gains Undetectable Status for 25 seconds.
- Ironworker's Tongs: When a Survivor escapes a Guard Hunt successfully, they suffer from the Oblivious status effect for 20 seconds.
- Grim Iron Mask: When a Survivor is Detected by a Guard, the Survivor suffers from Blindness for 60 seconds.
- Chain Mail Fragment: Guards inflict Hemorrhage status effect when damaging a Survivor.
- Broken Hilt: Guards inflict the Mangled status effect when damaging a Survivor.
Very Rare Add-Ons
- Lightweight Greaves: After summoning The Jailer, The Knight's movement speed increases by 10% for six seconds.
- Healing Poultice: After summoning The Assassin, all Survivors more than 36 meters from the Guard's initial position scream and reveal their current location for three seconds.
- Flint and Steel: After summoning The Carnifex, The Knight can see the auras of Survivors within 24 meters of unbroken pallets for five seconds.
- Blacksmith's Hammer: When a Survivor escapes a Hunt by any means other than the Flag, that Survivor is Hindered and Exhausted for 15 seconds.
Ultra Rare Add-Ons
- Knight's Contract: Every fourth Guard summoned causes Survivors within eight meters of that Guard to suffer from Exposed status effect for eight seconds.
- Iridescent Company Banner: While a Survivor is Hunted by a Guard, spikes block the exit for the hunted Survivor. When they Vault, that Vault location is blocked for all Survivors for the duration of the Hunt. Additionally, while creating a Patrol Path, passing through vault locations will block these locations for 15 seconds.