The Last of Us Part 2 was one of the biggest game releases of 2021, both from a sales perspective and in terms of critical acclaim. The game's emotional narrative, gorgeous visuals, and brutal action helped solidify The Last of Us as one of Sony's core franchises.
It also hit store shelves early in the life cycle of the PlayStation 5, when games were still commonly coming out on PS4 at the same time. The Last of Us Part 2 was among the games released for both generations of PlayStation, and players who bought the PS4 version were allowed to upgrade their games to the PS5 version should they acquire a console later. Here's how to upgrade your PS4 version of The Last of Us Part 2 to the PS5 version, unlocking all kinds of visual improvements.
The Last of Us Part 2 PS5 Upgrade: How to Upgrade from the PS4 Version
To upgrade your game, you'll need a PS5 console with a disc drive. Here are the steps to follow:
- Sign into your PlayStation account on the PS5
- Insert the eligible PS4 game disc
- Go to the game hub for the PS4 game
- Select the upgrade offer on the game hub and review the upgrade offer
- Select Download (or purchase with the discount price)
- Once the download is complete, the PS4 disc version of the game will allow you to play the PS5 version when inserted