Every Pokémon GO Community Day frames its Special Research Tasks around the featured Pokémon. In theme for Halloween, the fire and dark-type Pokémon, Litwick, was the headline for this month’s Community Day. The event took place on Oct. 15 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. local time, and trainers were able to enjoy increased encounters with the Candle Pokémon and receive exclusive bonuses for using items and collecting XP and Candy.
During this time, trainers were also able to purchase a ticket for $1.00 to access Litwick’s Community Day Special Research Story, the Trick of the Light. For this, the ticket must be purchased in Pokémon GO's ingame shop during its Community Day. After the ticket is bought, trainers can have as much time as they want to complete the tasks.
Trick of the Light Pokémon GO Special Research Tasks
The Trick of the Light Special Research Tasks are divided up in four sections, allowing trainers to earn awards for individually completing each task, for each section, and an extra award at the end. These rewards were very similar to last month's Rock ‘n’ Roll Special Research Story that starred Roggenrola.
Step 1 - Reward for completing: 2,000 Stardust, Litwick encounter, and Incense
- Power up Pokémon 10 times for 15 Poké Balls
- Catch 15 Litwick for an encounter with Litwick
- Make five Nice Throws for 20 Litwick Candy
Step 2 - Reward for completing: 1,500 XP, Litwick Encounter, one Lure Module
- Catch 15 Litwick for 30 Litwick Candy
- Transfer 10 Pokémon for a Lampent encounter
- Evolve three Litwick for 10 Pinap Berry
Step 3 - Reward for completing: 2,500 XP, Rocket Radar, and 15 Ultra Balls
- Make 3 Great Curveball Throws for 50 Litwick Candy
- Evolve 1 Lampent for a Lucky Egg
- Transfer 10 Pokemon for 15 Great Balls
Step 4 - Reward for completing: 3000 Stardust, Chandelure encounter, and three Rare Candy
- Claim Reward for 2 Silver Pinap Berry
- Claim Reward for a Litwick Encounter
- Claim Reward for 3,500 XP