Diablo 2: Resurrected is bringing up nostalgia for players as they play the remastered version of the classic game, released 21 years ago. As part of the festivities, Twitch has decided to host an event around the release of the game, the company's renown Twitch Rivals series.
Twitch Rivals vary in format based on each game. For Diablo 2: Resurrected, seven teams of three people each competed against each other to be the fastest team to complete a speedrun of the game. Each team had two and a half hours to complete as much as the game as possible.
Twitch Rivals Diablo 2
The Twitch Rivals Diablo 2 had people competing for a grand prize of $12,000. Here are the specific rules each team adhered to:
- 8 teams of 3 competitors each
- Each team is 1 Diablo 2 Speedrunner and 2 creators
- Each teammate must play a different class
- Speedrunners may NOT play Sorceress class
- Teams progress as far as possible in 2:30, with each Act and Quest completed adding to their score
- Bonus objectives will give incentives for teams to go off the main path or to split up
- Bonus objectives from an Act must be completed before the team finishes said Act or they will not score points - no "going back" to previous Acts or difficulties to complete quests, though farming items are allowed
- Lobby remakes are allowed
- Teams are allowed to split up between lobbies - however, see scoring as all players on a team must complete a quest to score it
In the end, the team of MrLlamaSC, Zizaran, and Bender_meats_Fry took home the grand prize. Congratulations to them and everyone else who competed!