V Rising is a vampire survival game which has taken the Steam community by storm. Despite being in early access, the game has already sold over one million copies. Players gather materials, hunt humans for sustenance, and unlock abilities and technologies in order to better their survival in the deadly open world.
Previously, V Rising required an internet connection in order to be played. But, thanks to this new hotfix, players can now activate LAN Mode to play solo or with friends without an internet connection.
V Rising Update 0.5.41448: Full Patch Notes Detailed
LAN Mode has been enabled, allowing players to play V Rising without an internet connection. Players can activate this mode within the host game screen and when starting up the server. LAN Mode can be played solo or with friends on the same local network. LAN Mode will continue to be improved as the game is developed during early access.
- Several fixes to the "Authentication Error" that hindered players from getting back onto specific servers.
- Salvaging cloaks no longer returns the total crafting cost, players can no longer make a material profit by crafting and salvaging certain cloaks in combination with the tailoring floor bonus.
- Previously, if a player placed a soul shard in a container, it would despawn after a few hours and reset, leading to confusion. Players may no longer place soul shards in containers. Instead, the game clarifies that players need to build the soul shards within their castle to keep them. Also, players can no longer hide soul shards in lockboxes before being raided.
- Players can no longer send the same servant on multiple hunts by placing several thrones.
- Castle floors will no longer disconnect from the Castle Heart when two players dismantle connecting floors simultaneously.
- Players will no longer get multiple equipment buffs by equipping two weapons simultaneously under certain circumstances.
- Some characters in Simplified Chinese, Korean, and Japanese used to display incorrectly at times. We updated the font used in the game to prevent this from happening.
Steam Cloud can now store V Rising Server History. The automatic save is enabled by default. To disable it, please go to the Steam Properties for V Rising. This will solve an issue with “missing character” that could occur when joining a server from a different PC.
Server icons have been added next to the name on official servers to make it easier to identify them.
To improve management of privately hosted servers, new admin console commands have been added:
- This command modifies the health of the target unit/object closest to the admin's cursor, allowing admins to deal damage or heal targets.
- This command modifies the durability of equipped items. Note that it cannot be used to repair broken items that are not equipped.
- This command adds up to 12 in-game hours to leap in time, affecting the current in-game hour and the respawn timers of units and objects. Use this command in quick succession to add more time. Please note that a server can never go back in time.