Valorant Patch 3.06 should be going live quite soon, and with it are many changes to the current set of Valorant maps. Most maps are getting touched in this patch, with only Split and Breeze being excluded from the patch notes.
The biggest news coming out of Patch 3.06 is likely centered on the agent changes, but keeping these map changes in mind will still be important for players to perform well. Each map's change is related to crates or boxes, as Riot has had a hard time keeping the bullet penetration between maps and crates consistent.
Valorant Patch 3.06: Full List of Map Changes
Here is the full list of map changes for Patch 3.06:
- Tunnel to Generator/Canteen areas can no longer be bullet penned (a.k.a. wallbang)
- One crate on B site is no longer pennable
- This should create a safer planting option for attackers, while retaining a riskier, but more powerful option.
- The crate stack on B site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer planting option for attackers
- One stack of crates on C site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer planting option for attackers
- One crate on A site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer position on site for defenders
- One stack of crates on A site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer planting option for attackers
Ultimately, these changes won't impact your gameplay too much except for not being able to kill enemies planting behind these specific boxes. Consequently, planting behind these boxes is now safe.