Raven Software updated the June 15 patch notes Tuesday evening and it's heavily focused on the MG 82 LMG. The powerful weapon was introduced in Season 4 and has immediately taken a top spot in the meta, but no more. Or at least until players feel out the new changes.
Raven Software didn't hold any punches either.
Warzone MG 82 LMG Nerfed in Latest Update
- Maximum Damage decreased from 30 to 29
- Minimum Damage decreased from 28 to 27
- Maximum Damage range decreased by 20%
- Headshot multiplier decreased from 1.3 to 1.2
- Upper Chest multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 1
- Extremities multiplier decreased from 1 to .9
- Vertical and Horizontal Recoil increased
Raven Software explained its thinking in the patch notes.
"We had envisioned the MG 82 (BOCW) as a short to mid-range Light Machine Gun given its relatively fast handling, mobility, and rate of fire. However, it also retained many powerful LMG traits like damage profile, bullet velocity, and magazine size all while having negligible recoil. These factors in combination created one of the most dominant weapons to land in Verdansk. Do not be deceived by the magnitude of these changes. The damage per magazine and rate of fire is still top tier so we expect the MG 82 to remain viable."
It seems the hope is to nerf it a bit without completely removing it from people's arsenal.