The Warzone Outbreak Event is live, along with Season 2 of Call of Duty: Warzone, and we have you covered for everything you need to know about this undead event. First things first, you'll want to make sure that your copy of Warzone is fully updated.
It is important to keep in mind that the Outbreak Event is a cross-game event between Warzone and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. While Cold War is not required to beat the Warzone challenges, you will need a copy of Black Ops Cold War to unlock everything in the event. In this article, we are focusing on the challenges exclusive to Warzone.
Warzone Outbreak Event: Everything You Need to Know
The Outbreak Event has a total of nine Warzone challenges that you will need to complete, with each challenge containing its own reward. In the Warzone menu, the Outbreak Event details can be located next to the "Play" Tab. Outbreak is not its own game mode in Warzone.
1. Warzone Exclusive Challenges
- Kill 10 Zombies with headshots (Unlock rare Calling Card)
- Eliminate 20 Zombies (Unlocks epic Charm)
- Use lethal equipment to kill 8 Zombies (Unlocks rare Emblem)
- Use vehicles to eliminate 3 Zombies (Unlocks rare Emblem)
- Eliminate 5 Zombies in a single match 3 times (Unlocks epic Sticker)
- Use Shotguns to eliminate 8 Zombies ( Unlocks rare Calling Card)
- Rapidly kill 2 or more Zombies 2 times (Unlocks epic Calling Card)
- Use Pistols to eliminate 8 Zombies (Unlocks epic Emblem)
- Eliminate 8 Zombies before the first circle closes (Unlocks rare Calling Card)
A solid amount of these challenges can be completed in Plunder, and your progress does not reset if you complete one step of a challenge. For example, you cannot complete the ninth challenge in Plunder because the circle never closes. You can rapidly kill two or more Zombies in one match once, and again in another, and it will count that as the two required times to complete the challenge.
Finally, once you have completed every challenge within the Warzone Outbreak event, you will unlock the Teal Drop blueprint for the Cold War version of the 1911 pistol. This weapon blueprint is exclusive for this event. The Outbreak Event is still live for roughly 14 days, and if you want this blueprint and the challenge rewards everything will have to be completed within this time frame.