We've broken down everything there is to know about the latest patch coming to Warzone Season 5.
Raven Software released the patch in the early afternoon of Wednesday, Aug. 25, announcing its launch live via the studio's official Twitter account. According to Raven, the patch "includes the new Look for Party feature, a new Weapon," and, of course, the usual assortment of bug fixes. Players can find these new notes either on their own or as part of the larger Season 5 notes blog post on the Call of Duty website.
Call of Duty: Warzone Season 5 August 25 Patch Notes
We've taken the liberty to split up the notes according to Raven's highlights: feature, weapon, and bug fixes, respectively.
Looking for Party Feature
Raven has released its new "Look for Party" (LFP) feature in beta at the time of writing. Its main function is to let players "search for and party up with other Players via a series of preferences that [they] select." For example, players using LFP can set the type of Game Modes, Party Communication, and Play Style they prefer to be paired with.
As its beta status suggests, the mode is likely to go through some growing pains over the next few weeks.
New Weapon: RAAL LMG
This brand new light machinegun (LMG), the RAAL, can be unlocked either by completing a corresponding in-game challenge or by purchasing its blueprint from the store. According to JGOD, the popular Warzone content creator, this gun has the potential to devastate opponents in Verdansk. It may not be the most mobile weapon, but does pack one heck of a punch in-game.
Players should now experience the following bug fixes—lifted directly from the patch notes, themselves:
- Fixed an issue allowing Players to remain in Payload matches while AFK.
- Fixed an issue causing Contracts to spawn out of bounds during Payload matches.
- Fixed an issue causing the “Adrenaline Junkie” Prestige Challenge to not track properly.
- Fixed an issue causing the “Pumping Iron” Prestige Challenge to not track properly.
- Fixed an issue causing the fourth Objective in Beck’s “Calm, Cool, Collected” Operator Mission to not track properly.
- Fixed an issue causing the Science and Psychedelic Camo Challenges to not track properly on any BOCW Shotgun.
- Fixed an issue causing the second Objective in Kitsune’s “Security Expert” Operator Mission to not track properly.
- Fixed an issue preventing AFK Players from being removed during Payload matches.
- Fixed an issue preventing several CDL Viewership Calling Cards and Emblems from appearing in Warzone.
- Fixed an issue causing all Players in a lobby to be placed on the same team.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from receiving rewards after completing a Contract in core BR.
- Fixed several issues related to the Tempered Perk.