Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 5 brings plenty of weapon tuning changes, adjusting values for several assault rifles, two SMGs, and every Dual Wield pistol. Developer Treyarch previewed these changes ahead of the patch's release Thursday.
All the game's assault rifles have had the bullet velocity penalties they receive for using suppressors reduced, making them more effective at long range. Beyond that, many of the guns also received their own individual changes. You can find all the weapon tuning changes in the update below:
Weapon Tuning in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 5
- Reduced Bullet Velocity penalty on Agency Suppressor attachment from -30% to -15%.
- Reduced Bullet Velocity penalty on Suppressor attachment from -15% to -8%.
- Increased Reload Quickness from 2.6 sec to 2.5 sec.
- Increased Vertical Recoil Control bonus on Infantry Compensator from +12% to +15%.
- Reduced Horizontal Recoil Control penalty on Infantry Compensator from -8% to -5%.
- Increased Reload Quickness on Jungle-Style Mag from +20% to +30%.
- Removed ADS Time penalty from 40 Rnd Speed Mag.
- Reduced extra ammo of 40 Rnd Speed Mag from +10 to +5.
- Changed Salvo 50 Rnd Fast Mag attachment to 45 Rnd Fast Mag.
- Reduced ADS Time penalty on 45 Rnd Fast Mag from -25% to -12%.
- Replaced SAS Mag Clamp with unique "B-Ops Mini Clamp" attachment. This attachment increases Reload Quickness by 50%, improves ADS Time by 10%, and provides an additional starting magazine, but reduces magazine ammo from 30 to 25.
The XM4 is getting several new adjustments to assist with its handling, as well as a unique attachment. As one of our more popular weapons, the XM4 sees plenty of usage from experts and less experienced players alike, so we’ve made changes to specific attachments to appeal to players of all skill levels. Players may want to experiment with new attachment combinations after this update to find the sweet spot that works for them.
- Reduced vertical recoil by 10%.
Though the QBZ-83 is a solid performer, it’s been underused compared to the rest of its class. We’ve reduced its recoil to help more players explore this weapon, develop a feel for it, and find success with it in-game.
- Now deals 30 damage out to 12.7 meters for higher damage at short range.
Increased Hip Fire Accuracy by 14%.
- Reduced Sprint to Fire Time penalty on Tiger Team Spotlight from -10% to -5%.
- Reduced Aim Walking Movement Speed penalty on 21.2” Ranger Barrel from -20% to -5%.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range bonus on 19.5” Reinforced Heavy Barrel from +100% to +40%.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range bonus on 19.5” Task Force Barrel from +50% to +20%.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range bonus on 20.3” Takedown Barrel from +150% to +80%.
As the fastest-firing AR, the FFAR 1 should be serviceable in a more aggressive, close-quarters play style. To accomplish this, we’ve given the weapon additional high-damage potential at short range while retaining its original damage values for mid- to long-range combat. Hip fire has also been improved to help with short-range encounters. As a result, several of its Barrel attachments have also been adjusted. These changes allow a skilled player to leverage the FFAR 1’s shorter-range capabilities for a more versatile play style.
- Reduced vertical recoil by 15%.
- Reduced weapon movement when walking in ADS.
- Moved Iron Sights view farther away from the player camera.
- Increased Horizontal Recoil Control bonus on Spetsnaz Grip from +17% to +25%.
- Increased Vertical Recoil Control bonus on Spetsnaz Grip from +7% to +15%.
- Increased ADS Time bonus on Spetsnaz Field Grip from +15% to +30%.
- Reduced Flinch Resistance mitigation on Spetsnaz Field Grip from +80% to +70%.
- Increased Sprint to Fire Time bonus on KGB Pad from +30% to +50%.
- Reduced Hip Fire Accuracy penalty on KGB Pad from -30% to -20%.
With the Groza, handling speed is key. We’ve made visual improvements to help players take better advantage of this weapon’s quick handling, as well as attachment changes to lean into the Groza’s unique personality as a bullpup AR.
- Reduced initial recoil when firing the weapon.
- Moved Iron Sights view farther away from the player camera.
Mid- and long-range combat are important factors for the FARA 83. Currently boasting the best range of any AR as well as a fast fire rate, this weapon requires consistency for success. As such, we’ve improved recoil and visibility while firing. While this AR was originally concepted to fill more a marksman-like role on larger maps, it has proven to be reliable in most game modes. Developing a sense for controlled firing will lead to even more success with this weapon.
- Overhauled recoil system.
- Improved weapon visibility when initially firing.
- Increased Effective Damage Range from 25.4m to 30.48m.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range penalty on Suppressor attachment from -15% to -8%.
While the C58 is a powerful weapon in capable hands, some of its handling characteristics initially created a high barrier for proficiency. We’ve addressed this by improving the recoil, feel, and visibility while firing the weapon. The C58 isn’t recommended for close quarters, but with proper ammo management, this weapon can perform much like an LMG with the handling of an AR.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range from 25.4m to 22.86m.
- Slowed burst fire delay from 0.066 to 0.083.
The KSP 45 has recently overperformed at ranges we feel are better suited for other weapons. We’ve made slight adjustments to its burst fire speed and effective damage range to alter the feel of the weapon just enough that focused players won’t feel much of a difference, but others won’t feel as “lucky” with this weapon.
- Reduced medium damage range from 50.8m to 45.72m.
- Increased recoil on the first and 12th bullets.
In the weapon lore of Black Ops Cold War, the LC10 is an SMG created by a sniper rifle manufacturer. Accuracy – specifically at range – is part of its personality. The LC10 also features very little damage drop off to create a very consistent time to kill over a large distance. With the launch of Season Five, we’re making slight adjustments to recoil and range to raise the skill level required for success.
Dual Wield (All)
- Reduced movement speed by 5%.
- Reduced strafe speed by 5%.
Dual wielding pistols now has a slight movement speed penalty. While not being able to aim down sights is a sizable trade-off, movement speed has always been a top factor for success with short-range weapons. Lowering the movement speed while dual wielding creates more of a liability regarding range and positioning.
With back-to-school season in full swing, now is the perfect time to gear up and power up with the right tools and tech. The Intel Evo laptop and the Blue Label collection, powered by 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors from Best Buy, are among the best options to consider, that will help you tackle school work, take an entertainment break, plus everything else in between.