Expeditions are a feature in Genshin Impact where players can send their characters on journeys to gather materials. It's a great way to obtain important items without breaking a sweat.
You'll unlock expeditions at Adventure Rank 14, where you'll receive a quest to speak to Katheryne at the Adventurer's Guild. She'll tell you what you need to know about sending your characters on expeditions.
What is an Expedition in Genshin Impact?
By speaking to Katheryne, you can send your characters on journeys that take real-life time to complete.
Any character other than the Traveler can be sent on an expedition. You can choose to send them out for 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, or 20 hours; different amounts of time will net you different rewards when they return.
Each location on the map also provides different rewards, including various ores, food ingredients, and Mora. Expeditions are a great way to get those White Iron Chunks you need, or grab some Bird Eggs for cooking.
You can still use any character you send out in your party, so don't be afraid to choose characters with special passives that enhance expeditions:
- Bennett: When dispatched on an expedition in Mondstadt, time consumed is reduced by 25%.
- Chongyun: When dispatched on an expedition in Liyue, time consumed is reduced by 25%.
- Fischl: When dispatched on an expedition in Mondstadt, time consumed is reduced by 25%.
- Keqing: When dispatched on an expedition in Liyue, time consumed is reduced by 25%.
You'll initially have a limit of dispatching two expeditions at any one time. As your Adventure Rank increases, you'll unlock more expeditions:
- Adventure Rank 14: 2 expeditions
- Adventure Rank 26: 3 expeditions
- Adventure Rank 31: 4 expeditions
- Adventure Rank 36: 5 expeditions
Players can build up a large stash of materials just by doing expeditions, so be sure to dispatch your characters daily!