Call of Duty: Warzone's shut down has been a popular topic among fans with the upcoming Warzone 2 release. Here's everything you need to know about Warzone's potential maintenance mode.
When Do Warzone 1 Servers Shut Down?
Fortunately, Activision has not released a statement on temporarily closing Warzone's servers, making players assume that a shutdown will be unlikely.
In June 2022, Activision announced the upcoming release of both Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2, including that Warzone will still exist as its own game. With this statement, players assumed that Warzone servers will still be functioning with the releases of Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.
Warzone players can still enjoy their skins, progress, and achievements in the game, but some of these features will be unable to carry over into Warzone 2.
Fans can look forward to playing Warzone 2 on Nov. 16, which occurs 27 days after the launch of Modern Warfare 2's campaign. With the gap between Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2, gamers can take their time enjoying all of the features of these Call of Duty games.
Call of Duty players can explore Al Mazrah, which is Warzone 2's launch map. Al Mazrah contains 18 unique points of interest.
Some players also speculate that Warzone 2's next map will be called Las Almas, but the new map has not been confirmed by developers.
For more Call of Duty news, find out if Breenburgh Hotel is getting removed from Modern Warfare 2, or discover how much the battle pass will cost in the game.
"While we look ahead to Warzone 2.0, we also want to address our plans for Call of Duty: Warzone:"
"Access to Call of Duty: Warzone continues as normal until November 16, when a short “intermission” takes place during the launch window of Warzone 2.0:"
- At approximately 8 AM PT on November 16, Call of Duty: Warzone servers will temporarily go offline as Call of Duty®: Vanguard Season Five concludes.
- At approximately 10 AM PT, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 will be released as part of Modern Warfare II Season 01.
- During this time, studio development resources (led by Raven Software) will be focused on ensuring the new Warzone 2.0 free-to-play ecosystem is running effectively.
- At this time, you are encouraged to jump in and play Warzone 2.0 for free.
- Once the Warzone 2.0 ecosystem is fully stable, and after a small development break for Thanksgiving for the developers who observe this U.S. holiday, Warzone is planned to be relaunched as Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera as a separate experience. This will happen at approximately 10 AM PT on November 28.
- As a token of our appreciation, those who played Call of Duty: Warzone will be gifted a few items to use in Warzone 2.0.