Phase one of the World of Warcraft: Dragonflight alpha test has officially begun, Blizzard Entertainment announced Thursday.
Over the course of the test, community veterans, press, fansites, and others are said to be invited to check out the upcoming expansion and give Blizzard feedback. Here's a breakdown of everything you need to know about the launch of the WoW: Dragonflight alpha test.
Players selected to participate in the alpha test will receive an email invitation directing them to download the game client directly from the Battle.net desktop app. More invites to the alpha reportedly will be sent from Blizzard regularly throughout the test.
If you’ve been selected to participate in the alpha test, your Battle.net account will already be flagged for access.
Here is how to start up the alpha test for the first time, per Blizzard:
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date
- Run the Battle.net desktop app
- Select World of Warcraft from the list of games
- In the "Game Version" drop-down menu above the Play button, choose the Dragonflight Alpha (listed under In Development) option, then click "Install"
- Allow the installation to complete, click "Play" and select any of the available Test Servers
- Create a new test character (character copy is unavailable at the moment and will come in future tests)
- Enter the game and test the content
Dragonflight is set to be the ninth expansion for the ever-growing World of Warcraft series.
Taking place in the Dragon Isles, Dragonflight will revamp several systems such as the user interface and talent trees. this comes on top of the usual new zones, raids and classes that have come to be expected through every WoW Expansion.
For more on WoW: Dragonflight, feel free to check out: