World War Z Version 1.03 fixed bugs and connectivity problems in the game and also added some changes to gameplay too. Here's everything you need to know:
World War Z Version 1.03: Everything You Need to Know
Update 1.02 also dealt with connectivity issues and debugging, but Version 1.03 adds some changes to gameplay to boot. Note that this patch is currently out for PS4 players, but PC and XBox one users will have to wait a longer before this update reaches them.
Besides fixing issues with crashing, saving, and other annoying glitches, the key changes to gameplay include:
- You will now only gain XP toward weapon upgrades if you have purchased the prior upgrade for that weapon, i.e. level two must be purchased to be able to gain XP toward level 3.
- Fixed an issue that caused excessive aim assist in PvPvZ.
- Reduced Compact Shotgun damage in PvPvZ.
- Increased cooldown of “Please Stand Up” perk to 60 seconds.
- Marking items will now display its icon for your teammates.
- Reduced AI bots effectiveness especially on easy and normal difficulties.
- Increased objective timer to save friendly NPCs to 60 seconds on easy and normal difficulties.
World War Z the game is based off of the 2006 book and set in the universe of the 2013 film, both of the same name. The game is still new, so make sure to check the server status before playing just in case the game is down for maintenance.
Photo courtesy of Saber and Focus Home