The Aliens: Fireteam Elite alien types are as deadly as they are terrifying to look at.
Here's a breakdown of the 11 different alien Xenomorphs in the third-person, three-player PvE co-op survival shooter, Aliens: Fireteam Elite.
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Alien Types Explained
Aliens: Fireteam Elite invites players to "survive the hive" against over 20 enemy types, including 11 different alien Xenomorphs.
As described by Cold Iron Studios, each of the aliens is designed with their own intelligence to ambush, outsmart and eviscerate vulnerable marines. Utilize cover and master team strategy to survive extraterrestrial threats as they overrun your fireteam from every angle, swarm through doors and vents, scramble across walls and ceilings, and strike from the darkness with uncanny ferocity.
- Ovomorph (Egg)/Facehugger: Generally considered to be the first stage in the life cycle of the alien species, Eggs each contain 1-4 fully-formed Facehuggers. Overall, the Eggs can be easily destroyed from range, but spawn Facehuggers when approached. The Facehuggers themselves are small and nimble, and only seek to do as their name suggests.
- Runner: Aka the Dog Alien, Ox Alien or Scout, Runners make up the bulk of the enemy forces, usually attacking in packs with their agility and ability to spit acid from their mouths.
- Drone: Seen in-game as Three or Monica as boss-level enemies, Drones are the most common adult form of Xenomorphs, and makeup the species' principal offensive unit in combat. They are known to be evasive harrassers that pounce on their foes and use nearby air shafts to escape.
- Spitter: A specialized Xenomorph type designed for ranged attacks, Spitters hide behind cover and lob acid balls from afar.
- Irradiated Spitter: Functioning as boss-level enemies, are slightly larger than normal spitters and white, Irradiated Spitters have more health and fire clusters of acid.
- Burster: Similar to the Ticker from Gears of War, Bursters run on all fours, glow green and explode while simultaneously releasing acid when killed.
- Prowler: Distinguished by their red features, Prowlers like to pounce onto their foes from up close, pin them down and claw at them.
- Warrior: Very similar in appearance to the Drone, Warriors are more powerful, and can grab opponents and instantly kill them if given the chance.
- Crusher: Aka the Charger, Crushers are tough to kill due to their bulletproof large head crests, which they use to inflict massive blunt force trauma.
- Praetorian: Praetorians are the quintessential bad guys of the series. Also known as the Royal Guard, Praetorians are among the largest and most powerful Xenomorph strains, rarely operate outside their Hive grounds and too, have a startling large bulletproof armored head plate.
- Queen: As it name suggests, the Queen serves as the mother and leader of a Xenomorph Hive, capable of engaging in combat but usually defer to Praetorians or Drones to handle it. Queens are also said to be significantly more intelligent than most normal Xenomorphs, displaying traits of wrath and vengeance, problem-solving skills and doling orders out to others around.