Respawn Entertainment have revealed the patch notes for the first season of Apex Legends Mobile.
It's been a long time coming, but Apex Legends Mobile finally launches today. This brand new way to play Apex brings with it some exclusive content just for mobile users — including new Legend Fade. While it's unclear if Fade will be making moves in the main game in the future, for now this Legend is exclusive to the mobile version.
Additionally, players can test out a new game mode and a brand new arena map. There's plenty to get stuck into with Apex Legends Mobile. Below, we've detailed the everything included in the first batch of patch notes for Season 1.
Apex Legends Mobile Patch Notes: Full Notes May 17
New Legend: Fade
Fade gains a short movement speed boost at the end of his slide.
Fade’s suit rips him backwards through another dimension, phasing him to his previous location.
Fade throws an activator core from his suit.The resulting explosion phases everyone within the radius for a few seconds making them unable to deal or receive damage.
Advanced Training Level
In the Advance Training Level, you can practice advanced techniques and weapon handling skills in a free environment.
Missions and objectives will rotate weekly. Complete these challenges to earn rewards.
New Arena Map: Overflow
"Tight corners, lanes and flanking opportunities await you and your teammates at Overflow’s unique POIs."
New Feature: Team Fill
Auto team fill is a new feature that will bring players into active games if another player leaves prematurely. (Only active in Team Deathmatch).
Complete challenges to unlock levels and rewards in the Apex Legends Mobile Battlepass. In Apex Legends: Mobile, items are tiered from D to S. Unlock the “Vermin Control'' skin for Caustic and the “SOS Signal” for the Kraber just by starting the pass. Along the way, Gibraltar’s “Gentle Giant”, Mirage’s “Graffiti Artist”, “Ready for Impact” Pathfinder and the “Authorized Personnel Only” Havoc. You’ll also earn banner frames, holosprays, emotes, trackers, weapon charms and more.
The Battle Pass also gives players opportunities to unlock Fade. By reaching level 25 in the free Battle Pass or purchasing 10 levels of the premium and then attaining 15 more normal levels, he’ll join the Roster.
Co-Op Club Missions and Club Store
This brand new feature allows squads to pick challenges they want to achieve together to unlock rewards in the brand new Club Store.
A brand new Emote system is coming to Apex Legends Mobile.
Weapons, Attachments and Gear
- New Weapon: 30-30 Marksman Rifle.
- New Scope: 4x - 10x Thermal imaging Optic
- New Gear: Heatshields
- Replicators will now drop in random locations within the Ring
Legend Perk System
- New visual upgrades to the system
- Added Legend rewards to the perk system, earn rewards by completing Legend-specific objectives
- Added a perk planning feature to plot your next move ahead of time
- Added a perk recommendation feature to help you get straight into the action
- Changed ammo type to energy
- Weapon type changed to Marksman Rifle
- Can now equip energy mags and sniper stocks
- Weapon type changed to Marksman Rifle
- Damage increased from 15 -> 17
- Mag size increased to 35
Fully Kitted Weapons
- Removed: Hemlok, Devotion LMG, Mozambique
- Added: Flatline, L-Star, 30-30
- Removed Peacekeeper
- Added Volt SMG
Apex Legends Mobile Belgium
The game will not be published in Belgium due to the local regulatory situation around paid random rewards.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- FPS optimization pass for iPhone 13 or newer devices
- Fixed Gibraltar’s shield bounce while aiming down sights
- Fixed an issue with Gibraltar’s ult not behaving correctly
- Fixed various textural issues on models
- Fixed an issue where Pathfinder’s grappling hook would not disengage
- Fixed an issue that would cause Pathfinder’s grapple hook to interact incorrectly with his model
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in dropships if repeatedly tapping their tactical skill
- While active, Mirage’s decoys can now imitate Mirage’s emotes
- Fixed an issue where some railings could not be jumped over.
- Fixed a collision issue that caused throwables to pass through doors if another player is close colliding with it.
- Red weapons will now automatically pick up ammunition.
- Fixed some out of bounds areas on World’s Edge
- Fixed an issue where nameplates would pile together while on dropship
- Many other fixes and improvements.