Apex Legends Season 5 patch notes arrived Tuesday alongside the patch pushing the update to live servers.
Loba Lands in Apex Legends Season 5 Update
Loba is the latest Legend to join the game. The patch notes describe her as stylish, sophisticated and resourceful. Her abilities are as follows:
- Tactical – Burglar’s Best Friend: Teleport to hard-to-reach places or escape trouble quickly by throwing your Jump Drive bracelet.
- Ultimate – Black Market Boutique: Place a portable device that allows you to teleport nearby loot to your inventory. Each friendly or enemy Legend can take up to two items.
- Passive – Eye for Quality: Nearby epic and Legendary loot can be seen through walls. The range is the same as Black Market Boutique.
Apex Legends Season 5 Map Changes
Loba's actions in the Season 5 trailer permanently altered Kings Canyon, causing Skulltown and Thunderdome to sink into the water. A new point of interest, Salvage, now stands on the Broken Coast. The Offshore Rig now connects Relay and Wetlands, the latter of which has been replaced by Capacitor.
Nesting Grounds has continued to regrow into the Reclaimed Forest, which now has a larger Singh Labs exterior plus a camp outside of The Cage.
Kings Canyon will be the only playable map for the first two weeks of Season 5, allowing players time to explore the changes.
Apex Legends Season 5 Charge Towers
Charge Towers are a new feature in Kings Canyon. Players can activate them to grant a full Ultimate charge to any Legends standing on the platform.
Apex Legends Season Quest: "The Broken Ghost"
"The Broken Ghost" is Apex Legends' first Quest, a new game-within-the-game allowing players to solve a mystery of the game's lore for in-game rewards. Read more about Quests here.
Apex Legends Season Tab
Seasonal content, including the Battle Pass, Quest, and Challenges, now has its own tab in the Apex Legends lobby.
Apex Legends Season 5 Battle Pass
The new battle pass launches alongside Season 5, bringing new challenges, skins, gun charms, skydive emotes and more.
Apex Legends Reconnect System
Apex Legends players can now reconnect to matches after unexpected disconnections.
Apex Legends Conditional Legend Chatter
Legends will now interact differently based on who's on their team, reflecting in-universe lore. Loba and Revenant, for example, will share special dialogue when interacting.
Apex Legends Mirage Rework
Mirage finally received his long-awaited rework in Season 5, changing his abilities. Respawn Entertainment hopes the rework will give Mirage more gameplay depth.
- Tactical – Psyche Out: Pressing the character utility action button allows Mirage to gain control of his decoy. When controlling the decoy, it will mimic Mirage’s every move. Decoys now last for 60 seconds. Releasing another decoy will remove the previous decoy.
- Ultimate – Life of the Party: Mirage deploys a team of decoys that mimic his every move (think “Emergency Dance Party" from DUMMIEs Big Day). Cooldown 60 seconds.
- Passive – Now You See Me… – In addition to cloaking when downed, Mirage also cloaks while using a respawn beacon and reviving a teammate (the teammate is also cloaked). Mirage’s “You got Bamboozled” line will now trigger when you bamboozle an enemy, instead of when you release a decoy.