Looking to play as Karlee in Back 4 Blood? Here's how you can maximize her potential.
Karlee is one of the most mysterious Cleaners of the bunch, tending to keep to herself more within the group after initially surviving on the outskirts of Fort Hope since the Collapse. With the Ridden threat on the rise, Karlee decided to put her introverted ideals aside to fight alongside the Cleaners.
One of the four Cleaners players can unlock down the line, here's a breakdown for those looking to play as Karlee in Back 4 Blood.
Back 4 Blood Karlee Guide: Best Weapons and Cards
As far as her "signature" weapon goes, Karlee starts off by default with the TEC 9, a fully-automatic machine pistol sidearm. While whether or not you choose to use the machine pistol as a secondary is up to you, just make sure you're not pulling from the same ammo for both of your guns, as usual. We'd recommend going with more mobile options for her primary (e.g. assault rifle or semi-automatic rifle) since she'll be looking to make good use of her "see the future," "get out of a pinch" playstyle.
Best Cards for Karlee in Back 4 Blood
In a game revolving around the ultimate goal of simply staying alive, Karlee makes sense to pick due to her potential to support the team with her built-in ability to sense nearby hazards and Mutations, +1 Quick Inventory item slot (e.g. Tool Kits, Ammo Pouch, Defibrillator and Stun Gun) and +50% Team Use Speed.
As such, we would opt for a lot of the offense, utility and mobility Reflex, Discipline, Brawn and Fortune cards to further help prevent your team from getting stuck in bad situations, as well as get out of them:
- Combat Medic: +50% use speed; heals teammates for an additional 20 health when you revive them
- Screwdriver: +50% use speed; +10% stamina
- Multitool: +75% use speed; -5% damage resistance
- Headband Magnifier: +125% use speed; chance to get blinded for one second when you take damage
- Utility Scavenger: Sense nearby quick accessories; more quick accessories spawn
- Marked For Death: Mutations you ping are highlighted, and your team deals +10% increased damage to them
- Ammo Scavenger: Sense nearby ammo; more ammo spawns
- Cooper Scavenger: Sense nearby copper; more copper spawns
- Offensive Scavenger: Sense nearby offensive accessories; more offensive accessories spawn
- Support Scavenger: Sense nearby support accessories; more support accessories spawn
- Weapon Scavenger: Sense nearby weapons; more weapons spawn
- Breakout: Ability to free yourself from Grabs; +50% Breakout Cooldown Reduction (Base 60 seconds)
- Inspiring Sacrifice: When you or a teammate becomes incapacitated, all teammates heal for 25 Health over 20 Seconds
- Avenge the Fallen: When you or a teammate becomes incapacitated, all teammates gain 30% Damage, 20% Reload Speed, and Unlimited Ammo for 10 Seconds
- Trigger Control: +25% Accuracy with Assault Rifles and Sniper Rifles
- Medical Professional: First Aid and Defibrillators also recover 15 Trauma Damage and 1 Extra Life
- Knowledge is Power: +10% Weakspot Damage, Allows Player to see values for damage they deal and enemy health bars
- Marked for Death: Mutations you Ping are highlighted and your team deals 10% increased damage to highlighted enemies
- Chemical Courage: Pain meds you apply also grant +25% Damage for 60 Seconds
Back 4 Blood is available now on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC (via Microsoft Store, Steam and Epic Games Store).