Looking to play as Mom in Back 4 Blood? Here's how you can maximize her potential.
Just as Mom became the voice of survivors in Finleyville, as well as second in command at Fort Hope, she's one of the most dependable picks of the eight playable Cleaners to choose from. With a strong personality and "no shit" attitude that civilians gravitate towards for leadership, Mom's internal motivation to survive is driven by something pretty simple — make the Ridden pay for the death of her son.
One of the four default Cleaners players have available from their very first Campaign run, here's a breakdown for those looking to play as Mom in Back 4 Blood.
Back 4 Blood Mom Guide: Best Weapons and Cards
As far as her "signature" weapon goes, Mom starts off by default with The Belgian, a double-barrel shotgun sidearm. While whether or not you choose to use the shotgun as a secondary is up to you, just make sure you're not pulling from the same ammo for both of your guns, as usual, we'd recommend going with more mobile options for her primary (e.g. assault rifle or SMG) since she'll be looking to make good use of her clutch Tough Love instant revive ability.
Best Cards for Mom in Back 4 Blood
In a game revolving around the ultimate goal of simply staying alive, Mom is an essential pick due to her potential to support the team with her built-in instant res (once per level), +1 Support Inventory item slot, and +1 Team Extra Life.
As such, we would opt for a lot of the defense, utility and mobility Reflex, Discipline, Brawn and Fortune cards to further help prevent team wipes:
- Combat Medic: +50% use speed; heals teammates for an additional 20 health when you revive them
- Charitable Soul: Healing a teammate also applies 50% of the effect to you
- Antibiotic Ointment: +20% healing efficiency
- Medical Expert: +15% healing efficiency; +15% movement speed for 15 seconds when you use a medical accessory
- Screwdriver: +50% use speed; +10% stamina
- Smelling Salts: +100% revive speed
- Pep Talk: +150% revive speed; -5% damage resistance
- Medical Professional: First aid kits and defibrillators also recover 15 trauma damage and 1 extra life
- Inspiring Sacrifice: When you or a teammate becomes incapacitated, all teammates heal for 25 health over 20 seconds
- Avenge the Fallen: When you or a teammate becomes incapacitated, all teammates gain +30% damage, +20% reload speed, and unlimited ammo for 10 seconds
- Support Scavenger: Sense nearby support accessories; more support accessories spawn
- Stimulants: Pain Meds you use also grant +10% movement speed, +10% reload speed, and +10% weapon swap speed for 30 seconds
- Chemical Courage: Pain Meds to apply also grant +25% damage for 60 seconds
- Group Therapy: When you use a medical accessory, all teammates heal for +5 health
- Poultice: When you use a medical accessory, the target heals for an additional 20 health over 30 seconds
- Experienced EMT: When you use a medical accessory, the target gains +20% maximum health until the end of the level
- Miraculous Recovery: When you use a medical accessory, it has a 25% chance to have 100% increased effect
- Second Chance: +1 extra life and +5 health
- Fanny Pack: +1 support inventory
- Box O’ Bags: +1 team support inventory; -10% health
Back 4 Blood is available now on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC (via Microsoft Store, Steam and Epic Games Store).