The class system in Biomutant is part of character creation where players have a choice to design their character.
The high customization system has been one of its biggest strengths of Biomutant's marketing team. Each class comes with different perks including skills and/or passive stats. In this article we will explore the customizing system in Biomutant and the six classes available.
Biomutant Class System: How Does it Work?
Character customization is one of the most popular trends in game nowadays. Players want to be in control of what they will be playing- starting with the looks to the strengths and weaknesses of the character. Humankind and Stonefly are examples that has great customizing systems.
Biomutant also has a long step of making a character too. Players will have to select their character's breed, genetic code, resistances, the visuals, and then the class type as the last step.
Choosing the breed is rather unimportant because it does not decide huge factors of the character- the genetic code and class are more influential in deciding the game play. The genetic code is about choosing the stats for the character and the class gives special skills and perks.
There are currently six classes available in Biomutant.
- Dead Eye
Let us now go over each class.
Commandos start the game with a rifle, which is distinct from all other classes that start with a pistol.
- Fury- starting perk: Ranged weapon attacks inflict 10% more damage to the target.
- Stimulus- costs 1: +20% melee damage and armor while below 20% health.
- Adrenaline- costs 1: +10% melee attack speed while below 20% health.
- Shock- costs 2, requires level 7: Shotgun hits have a 5% chance to Stun a small enemy per hit inflicted.
- Brutality- costs 3, requires level 15: +10% critical damage with ranged attacks.
Psi-Freak characters has a spark ball skill that other classes do not. It is a skill that makes you throw an energy ball into the direction you are facing that inflicts damage to the enemy you hit. It is like a long range attack that is excessively strong early game.
- Megamind- starting perk: +20% Ki-Energy regenerate.
- Nocturnal- costs 1: +10 Intellect at night.
- Mind Melt- costs 1: +10% critical hit chance with Power Damage ability attacks.
- Psi Spikes- costs 2, requires level 7: +10% damage with Power Damage attacks.
- Brain Drain- costs 3, requires level 15: Attacks that inflict Power Damage regenerate your Health by 20%.
Saboteurs gets a special passive called the Twin Silver grip. This is a melee dual wield skill where players get to equip two different one-handed melee weapons do dual wield them.
- Hypergenetic- starting perk: -20% dodge energy cost.
- Reflexes- costs 1: 10% chance to dodge enemy weapon based ranged attacks.
- Agile- costs 2, requires level 7: +20% dodge distance.
- Moving Target- costs 2, requires level 7: +5% move speed while in combat.
- Evasive- costs 3, requires level 15: +20% armor while dodging or in the air.
- Toughness- starting perk: +10 armor.
- Medic- costs 1: +10% health regen.
- Ricochet- costs 2, requires level 7: 10% chance for enemy weapon-based ranged attack to ricochet back and damage the attacker.
- Invincibility- costs 2, requires level 7: +20% melee damage and armor while at full health.
- Knock- costs 3, requires level 15: Dodging "into" a smaller enemy makes them stumble and fall.
- Perfect Reload- starting perk: Your ranged weapons are reloaded instantly and your next magazine is granted +20% damage.
- Crackshot- costs 1: +20% damage with non-automatic rifles.
- Quickload- costs 1: -25% reload time for ranged weapons.
- Sniper- costs 2, requires level 7: +10% crit chance with non-automatic weapons.
- Gunslinger- costs 2, requires level 7: +20% fire rate with dual-wielded ranged weapons.
- Sharpshooter- costs 3, requires level 15: Two-handed Guns inflict double damage.
This class is available free for pre-order purchasers. Those who wish to play a Mercenary character must purchase this feature in game.
- Twin Silver Grip- starting perk: melee dual wield skill; equip two different one-handed melee weapons to dual wield them.
- Fury- starting perk: melee weapon attacks inflict 10% more damage to the target.
- Megamind- costs 1: Ki energy regen is increased by 20%.
- Reflexes- costs 2, requires level 7: Weapon based ranged attacks from enemies have a 10% change to miss you completely.
- Invincibility- costs 2, requires level 7: Your armor and damage from melee attacks is increased by 20% when you’re at full health.
- Brutality- costs 3, requires level 15: Critical damage from melee attacks is increased with 10%
Make sure you know what class you want to choose because that will be determining your build in Biomutant. For example, a dual pistol will be much more useful for a Commando than a Dead Eye based on the skills available.