Black Ops Cold War beta modes were potentially revealed in a stream by Dallas Empire player Ian "C6" Porter, coach Ray "Rambo" Lussier and free agent James "Clayster" Eubanks.
Modes like Combined Arms, a new take on Ground War, Kill Confirmed, Domination, Hardpoint and Control were shown in a multiplayer playlist.
Players were able to get their first look at the new Black Ops Cold War multiplayer modes during the reveal event. Fans also were notified of beta dates for the early access and open portions.
The Early Access and Open Beta schedules are as follows:
Weekend 1: PlayStation®4 Exclusive Beta
- Exclusively for PlayStation 4 owners, running from Oct. 8-12.
Weekend 1: Early Access
- Oct. 8 & Oct. 9 are available for early access on PlayStation 4 to players who have pre-ordered Black Ops Cold War on PlayStation 4.
Weekend 1: Open
- Oct. 10-12 is free to all PlayStation 4 owners. If you’ve got a PlayStation 4 and an internet connection, you should be ready to engage, though PlayStation®Plus might be a requirement in some territories.
Black Ops Cold War Beta Modes Potentially Revealed
Weekend 2: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, & PC Beta (Crossplay)
- For PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC owners, starting from Oct. 15-19. If you’re a PlayStation 4 owner, regardless of whether or not you pre-ordered the game, you can resume and continue to play the Open Beta free for the entire Weekend 2 period.
Weekend 2: Early Access
- The first two days of the weekend, Oct. 15-16, are available for early access to anyone who has pre-ordered or pre-purchased the game. If you’re an Xbox One or PC owner and want to play Weekend 2 of the beta for the longest possible time, be sure to pre-order. This period will be open for PS4 players.
Weekend 2: Open
- The rest of the Open Beta period, running from Saturday, Oct. 17-19, is accessible to all players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or PC. If you’ve got an Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold is required to play. If you have a PC, a Battle.net account is required to play. Other than these prerequisites and an internet connection, you should have everything you need to play. And as a reminder, the Weekend 2 of the Beta Test will include crossplay.