The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War update 1.12 is live now, and there are quite a few notable changes included in the near 11GB update. With new weapons, new maps, new game modes, and more, we've got everything you need to know about the update.
Season 2 for Black Ops and Warzone officially starts Thursday, Feb. 25, so the content will not be playable until then. The Season 2 Warzone update goes live shortly for download, but you will have to wait until 10 a.m. PST to be able to check out the content.
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Update 1.12: Notable Changes
There is a lot of information to digest in this content package, shaping Season 2 to be an exciting next step for Black Ops Cold War. Here is everything note-worthy included in this update.
1. New Weapons
- FARA 83 (Launch week Assault Rifle)
- E-Tool (In-Season Melee Weapon)
- LC10 (Launch week SMG)
- Machete (In-Season Special weapon)
- R1 Shadowhunter Crossbow (In-Season Special weapon)
- ZRG 20mm (In-Season Sniper Rifle)
2. New Operators
Naga (Warsaw Pact)
- Maxis (NATO)
- Wolf (NATO)
- Rivas (NATO)
3. New Multiplayer Maps
- Apocalypse (6v6; Launch Week)
- Golova (Multi-Team; In-Season)
- Mansion (2v2, 3v3; In-Season)
- Miami Strike (6v6; In-Season)
4. New Multiplayer Modes
- Hardpoint (Multi-Team; In-Season)
- Stockpile (6v6; In-Season)
- Gun Game (Free-For-All; Launch Week)
5. New Zombies Additions and Dark Aether Story
- Large Scale Zombies Game Mode "Outbreak"
- Dark Aether Story expanded deep into Russia
- Frenzied Guard (New Field Upgrade)
- Shatter Blast (New Ammo Mod)
- Ability to upgrade skills to Tiers IV and V
6. Additional New Updates for Black Ops Cold War
- Season level restarts, prestige level continues from previously highest achieved level
- Season Challenges
- New vehicles Sedan and Light Truck have been added
- Death Machine (New Scorestreak)
7. New Game Mode - Extraction (Warzone)
- "It’s about time that the exfil chopper arrives before the Circle Collapse fully closes in. During an Exfiltration Battle Royale, a portable radio crackles into life, coming online somewhere in Verdansk. The Operator who secures this radio and holds onto it for a sufficient period of time automatically wins the game for them (or their squad, in non-Solo modes). To ensure their exfil isn’t by the book, anyone holding the radio is marked on the Tac Map as if they were under a Most Wanted Contract (also known as an HVT or High Value Target) with all Operators also receiving intel on how much longer the current radio holder has until they win. Other than this new win condition, the same Battle Royale rules apply. Expect a circle collapse and a winner to be determined by last Operator or squad standing, should nobody receive an early exfil with the radio."
8. New Game Mode: Rebirth Island Resurgence Extreme (Warzone)
- "The high-octane, respawn-enabled Resurgence mode on Rebirth Island will be taken to the extreme during Season Two, upping the max player count in the limited-time Rebirth Island Resurgence Extreme mode. Up to 90 players can drop onto Rebirth Island for an incredibly frenetic fight for supremacy, as they look to eliminate every last member of enemy squads to prevent them from getting a second, third, or even forth chance at revenge.
"Just like Resurgence, squad members can spawn back in if their Rebirth Countdown hits zero and at least one of their allies is still alive, and specific Caches around the map will refresh their items frequently to ensure there is no shortage of firepower around the island."
9. New Points of Interest (Warzone)
- "Across Verdansk, there are a number of points of interest to either discover or more fully explore, all advancing Warzone’s story while offering new places to scavenge and scrap for survival."
For more information check out the official Call of Duty blog post regarding update 1.12.