Apex Legends apparently has a new hero coming to join the games toward the end of Season 9.
Thanks to a team of resourceful, dedicated informants, Apex Legends fans have a plethora of leaks regarding the latest legend to hit the field. Called "Seer"—at least, for now—this new legend will provide players with 18 options to compose their team on the field.
Here's everything we know so far about Seer.
Everything We Know About 'Seer' in Apex Legends
Some data miners believe that Seer is actually the previously revealed "Pariah" legend from months earlier. Pariah had a few abilities leaked before this, including passive allowing for health bar visuals and immunity to stunning effects.
Thanks to Twitter user @humansas_, players can listen to a set of audio files where each legend expresses an opinion or impression of Seer at first glance. These short, seconds-long clips have given us impressive insight into what we can expect from Legend 18:
- Loba mentions that Seer has "a sense of style" that she likely admires or respects.
- Crypto and Caustic both state that he'll be using a stealthier approach than those we've seen in the past.
- Pathfinder, Lifeline, and Wattson compare him to "a swarm" or identify him with moths, even going as far as to say he is made of them or that his father was one. This could potentially be a link to moth-like graffiti seen in the trailer for Arena mode.
- Revenant recalls hearing that Seer is "cursed" but otherwise "another skinbag."
- Bangalore notes that Seer can assemble a shotgun faster than she can.
- Rampart—perhaps the most interesting of the leak—calls Seer a friend and that his presence will kick the game "up a notch."
Twitter user Garret (@GarretLeaks) posted a screenshot on Saturday, July 3, of file names potentially associated with Seer—of which one expressly states his association with the genre of "afrofuturism." This directly points to the newest addition being of African descent, possibly bearing a similar aesthetic to the popular Marvel hero, Black Panther, and his home, Wakanda.
Garret also released a video on his YouTube channel on that same day showing off icons that could be related to Seer's abilities once released. According to him, Seer's first teaser will release on July 17. However, DBLTAP cannot confirm the veracity of this information, so fans are encouraged to keep their eyes on official Apex Legends accounts for more.