After nearly two weeks, the developers have finally added a fan-favorite feature to MW3 Ranked Play in the Jan. 31 patch.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Ranked Play arrived in Season 1 Reloaded with an almost identical Ranked system to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Once again, players can progress through eight Skill Divisions, from Bronze to Top 250, as they compete in Hardpoint, Search & Destroy, and Control under the CDL Ruleset. Along the way, they can earn free in-game rewards as they embark on the climb to the worldwide leaderboard.
Now, just one week before MW3 Season 2 drops, a major feature was enabled that will make your Ranked Play experience feel a lot smoother.
Here's Which Fan-Favorite Feature was Added to MW3 Ranked Play in Jan. 31 Patch
Killcams have finally been enabled in MW3 Ranked Play in the Jan. 31 patch. The feature was noticeably absent in the competitive playlist, and fans have been asking for its addition to Ranked Play since the mode dropped.
Now, fans will finally be able to see how they died in MW3 Ranked Play. The killcams will hopefully help expose cheaters that are slowly taking over the mode on PC.
Be on the lookout for more Ranked Play changes when MW3 Season 2 drops on Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2024. Find out here when your rank will reset in preparation for the big update.
MW3 Jan. 31 Patch Notes: Full List of Changes
Here's the full list of changes in the MW3 Jan. 31 patch, per Activision.
- Equipping a Calling Card will no longer reset the active selection to the top of the list.
- Favoriting and Filtering Calling Cards will no longer unexpectedly kick the player back to the menu.
- Addressed an exploit that allowed equipping Camos to incompatible Weapons.
- Corrected Gunsmith camera position while selecting a Bolt Attachment for the KATT-AMR.
Revised several Attachment descriptions to accurately reflect their true effects:
- Kastovia 343 Barrel
- HYP-LM Barrel
- Bryson Inforcer Stock
- FT Dart CB Stock
- Demo X50 Tactical Pump Guard
- 6.8 Wrath Round Nose Ammunition
- WSP OPTAC Long Barrel
- HISS Short Light Barrel
- Recoil Reduction Buttplate Stock
- Rattleback Deadeye 16" Barrel
- Recon Comb
Improved intuitiveness of the order in which Weapon Camo Challenges are displayed.
- Players can no longer respawn outside of the playable area in Hardpoint.
Supe'd Up (Limited-Time Mode):
- Super Speed visual effects will now end upon death.
Weapons & Attachments
Vigilant-30 C-Iron (Optic):
- Resolved an obstruction of the player’s view while aiming down the hybrid sight.
MW3 Ranked Play
- Killcams have been enabled in MWIII Ranked Play.
- Addressed an issue where some players would enter a match with an invalid loadout when selecting Custom Loadout 1.