Apex Legends' Mirage has been in the game since launch as an unlockable character and has been one of the most popular given his unique skillset. As the Holographic Trickster, Mirage players use decoys and illusions to trick their enemies and dispose of them cleverly.
However, he has only been viable as of late with massive buffs after a long period of Mirage seeing limited gameplay given how underpowered he was compared to the other legends available.
How to Detect Which Mirage is Real in Apex Legends
In a list compiled on Reddit by u/lionsroar89, a few tips are mentioned to dispel the powerful Mirage when he deploys his clones.
- The Mirage is actively trying to escape. Most clones wander aimlessly without any specific goal making it obvious they're CPU's and not an active person. If one of the Mirages starts to leave the vicinity and takes the safest route away from you, that is probably the real Mirage.
- One of the Mirages is looking right at you. You've most likely found the real one at this point. That's more than likely the real player keeping an eye on you to see what you'll do, or so they can start shooting.
- Avoiding grenades, explosives, gas, etc. Throwing grenades or gas are a good move because the real Mirage will actively avoid those as to not take damage whereas the clones won't care.
- Spray at all of them. A surefire way to detect the real Mirage is to shoot at all of them and once your bullets connect and a Mirage takes damage. You'll immediately know and already be shooting.
- Listen carefully. This only particularly works if the Mirage clones near you, but you can only hear the real Mirage's footsteps; the clones are silent when they walk.
Mirage's ultimate can be incredibly confusing if you don't know how to go about dealing with it the right way, so hopefully these tips can help you feel more comfortable when a Mirage uses their ultimate in the middle of a fight.