Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 appears primed to become a fan favorite of those who enjoy fast-paced mobility as in addition to the return of Ballers, Epic Games has introduced a new movement tool — the Grapple Glove.
For those looking to use the new utility item, here's a breakdown of how to find Grapple Gloves in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3.
Fortnite Grapple Glove Location Guide
As shown in the graphic made by @FBRFeed, Grapple Gloves can only be found in 10 specific locations on the battle island.
The ten locations each have a pink Grapple Stop, which contains special Grapple Glove Toolbox loot boxes:
- North of Logjam Lumberyard near Seven Outpost 2
- Under Cuddle Team Leader’s head in Rave Cave near the pool
- Southwest of Greasy Grove near Fungi Farm
- North of Synapse Station near Desolate Delta landmark
- North of Rocky Reels
- East of Tilted Towers near The Devourer landmark
- South of Sleepy Sound next to the small red cabin
- Northeast of Condo Canyon near Shrouded Settlement (South of The Joneses)
- Eastern edge of the map between Seven Outpost and Sunburned Shacks landmark
- Northeast of Daily Bugle
Ultimately, the early feedback on Grapples Gloves from the community seems to be that they serve as a more balanced version of the Mythic-tiered Spider-Man's Web Shooters.
First off, while Spider-Man's Web Shooters had a capacity of 80 uses, the Epic-tiered Grapple Glove has 30 by default and just 10 in Arena.
Additionally, unlike the Web Shooters, players are unable to pull out and shoot weapons when swinging through the air with Grapple Gloves.
While the Grapple Glove does come with different animations that sets it apart from Spider-Man's Web Shooters, it does pretty much serve the same purpose at the end of the day in allowing players to traverse swiftly through the air by shooting at a surface and swinging towards it.
The Grapple Glove also similarly overheats when the player lands after using it too much, with a cooldown that must be completed until it can be used again. Like the Web Shooters, the Grapple Glove can also be used to pull items toward its user.
For more on Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3, feel free to check out our coverage of the Dragon Rune Lance being disabled, as well as a leak that sheds new light on the future of Creative Mode.