Wondering how to secure your own shoe brand endorsement deal in NBA 2K23? We've got you covered.
As longtime NBA 2K players can likely attest to, getting your own shoe deal in MyCAREER was one of the best feelings as not only did you get nice rewards like free shoes, VC payouts and store discounts, but it was also possible to create your own signature shoe line as well. For those wondering if the feature remains the same in this year's game, here's a breakdown of to get a shoe deal in NBA 2K23 MyCAREER on Current Gen and Next Gen.
How to Get a Shoe Deal in NBA 2K23: Current and Next Gen
In NBA 2K23 Current Gen, a method has yet to be discovered at all, let alone widely shared online.
Meanwhile, for those on Next Gen, the game does have a known pathway to a shoe deal.
Similar to NBA 2K22 Next Gen's system, 2K23 invites players to work on their Personal Brands off the court and meet certain milestones to impress the company of their choosing:
- Nike Shoe Deal Requirements: 420,000 Fans, 6 Corporate Levels, 10 Solo Player Levels
- Jordan Shoe Deal Requirements: 415,000 Fans, 9 Flashy Levels, 9 Fashion Levels
- Adidas Shoe Deal Requirements: 390,000 Fans, 8 Free Spirit Levels, 10 Music Levels
- New Balance Shoe Deal Requirements: 365,000 Fans, 9 Team Oriented Levels, 7 Fundamentals Levels
- Puma Shoe Deal Requirements: 355,000 Fans, 7 Free Spirit Levels, 7 NBA Levels
- Converse Shoe Deal Requirements: 350,000 Fans, 8 Free Spirit Levels, 6 Fashion Levels
- Under Armour Shoe Deal Requirements: 345,000 Fans, 4 Corporate Levels, 8 Team Oriented Levels
This becomes something emphasized once players progress far enough in the story to activate the "Going National" questline.
Ultimately, the best ways to improve your different Brand Attributes will differ depending on which ones you're going for in particular.
For Fashion, Corporate and Free Spirit the easiest way to upgrade them is by equipping the appropriate clothes and repeatedly doing the Arena paparazzi walk. Corporate will be gained by wearing items with the suit-and-tie icon (e.g. Ronnie 2K Tee), Free Spirit items have the megaphone icon (e.g. Hotdog Hat) and Fashion is upgraded regardless of what you're wearing.
For Music, Fundamentals, Team Oriented, Street, Flashy, Solo Player and NBA, those can be upgraded by doing Side Quests and choosing certain answers in interviews.
For those who do manage to ultimately sign with their desired shoe company and complete its quest, it does appear that you do indeed receive free brand shoes to wear in NBA and Rec/Pro-Am games this year.
For more on NBA 2K23, feel free to check out: