Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is just days away from its full release, and Activision have listed all Field Upgrades available in the multiplayer at launch.
Despite campaign early access having been live for a few days already, many are looking forward to the game's upcoming multiplayer. With that comes the anticipation of the launch features, including the many Field Upgrades players will be able to use. Field Upgrades are tools that offer players a number of strategic advantages.
There's a decent variety of Field Upgrades available to try out at launch which we've listed below, alongside their official descriptions.
Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Launch Field Upgrades: Full List
- Tactical Camera: Remote-controlled camera that marks enemies. Connect to it directly or set it on its own where it emits a warning sound upon detecting nearby enemies.
- Inflatable Decoy: Proximity activated decoy mine. Upon activation, the decoy is rapidly deployed to confuse and distract enemy Operators. It can also be manually activated to fool enemies into attacking it on sight.
- DDoS: A DDoS attack deactivates electronics and disrupts enemy sensors in the immediate area for a short time. Solid in objective modes where tons of Field Upgrades will be placed around key zones. Great synergy with the Spotter Bonus Perk.
- Deployable Cover: Portable, rapidly deployable ballistic cover. When stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to hide behind, this shield may save your life. Great on open objectives, or whenever a heavier weapon, such as an LMG, needs to be mounted for accurate fire.
- Trophy System: Deployable autonomous defense system that destroys up to three incoming pieces of equipment and projectiles. Some larger targets may take multiple shots. A lifesaver on objectives and in interior spaces where grenades can come flying through openings in droves. Can also be put on vehicles to have it act as a deterrent for rockets and other equipment pieces.
- Dead Silence: Temporarily makes your footsteps silent. Gun, melee, and throwing knife kills refresh duration. A perfect fit for stealth Loadouts.
- Munitions Box: Deploy a box of ammo and equipment for you and your teammates. Ideally used in safe territory for squadmates to resupply. However, in a pinch, it is invaluable in any scenario where you are out of bullets and equipment.
- Loadout Drop: Call in a team-based Loadout crate with limited uses. Each player can use it only once. Ideal for swapping Loadouts midlife, getting an extra Primary Weapon without burning a Basic Perk for Overkill, or just being kind to Operators. Great in Ground War when Operators are expected to live longer lives and switch roles as the situation demands.
- Portable Radar: Emits a periodic radar ping to detect nearby enemies. Increased utility on smaller maps or in objective game modes where the radar’s small coverage can track important zones. Synergizes well with the Bird’s Eye Ultimate Perk.
- Tactical Insertion: Marks a location as your next spawn point. A boon on Ground War maps where the deployable areas are far from an objective, or on other maps to shock enemies from behind their lines. Note that the Tactical Insertion does not function in one-life modes.
- Battle Rage: Experimental stimulant that gives Operators an adrenaline rush. Health regenerates quickly, Tactical equipment is resisted, and Tactical Sprint is constantly refreshed. Great for aggressive Operators who want to rush headfirst into engagements.
- Recon Drone: Remote-controlled drone that has manual and auto marking capabilities. Another great tool for communicative Operators. Try strapping a C4 to this for a makeshift Bomb Drone.
- Smoke Airdrop: Call in a line of drones to deploy a smoke wall at a targeted location. A sniper’s nightmare unless they have the means to see through it.
- Suppression Mine: Trip mine that, when triggered, emits a constant sound wave that disrupts enemy vision and slows their movement. Strong around objectives, down long hallways, and in infantry-only modes.
- Anti-Armor Rounds: Grants weapon ammo that applies bonus damage against armored targets; this includes vehicles, equipment, body armor, and targets behind penetrable cover. Phenomenal in Ground War where vehicles roam alongside Operators. Great synergy with the Spotter Bonus Perk and with any mid- to long-range high-caliber weapon, such as a Battle Rifle, LMG, or Sniper Rifle.
At Rank 45, players will be given the option to equip two Field Upgrades at the cost of a slow recharge rate on each.
Curious to know more ahead of the game's launch? Check out some other breakdowns of what features will be available for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer: