NBA 2K22 is set to feature a revamped badge system that introduces 17 new options to the series on both current and next-gen versions of the game.
After weeks of going over cover athletes, player ratings, new features and more leading up the upcoming title's launch, 2K has finally given out details about what the next NBA 2K title's badge system will entail.
NBA 2K22 Badges Explained
A staple feature of the series, NBA 2K22 will indeed return its signature badge system, which essentially is the deciding factor that determines what skills different players are good at.
In this year's 2K, there are reportedly 12 badges that won't be returning from 2K21:
- Heat Seeker
- Highlight Film
- Deep Threes
- Hot Shot
- Ice in Veins
- Tireless Shooter
- Relay Passer
- Clutch Defender
- Heart Crusher
- Hot Stopper
Instead, NBA 2K22 will feature 17 new badges for players to experience:
- Fast Twitch: ability to get off the floor quicker for standing layups and dunks
- Grace Under Pressure: ability to convert standing layups more effectively
- Limitless Takeoff: ability to soar from further away on driving dunk attempts
- Mouse in the House: ability for bigs to finish over shorter players more efficiently
- Unstrippable: ability to secure the ball better when gathering for a layup/dunk in traffic
- Chef: ability to knock down Steph-like off-dribble deep 3’s
- Limitless Spot-up: ability to hit logo-range 3s off a catch and shoot
- Lucky #7: boosts your ability to score when shooting early in the clock
- Mismatch Expert: ability to successfully shoot over taller defenders on a switch
- Glue Hands: ability to make difficult catches and quicker branch out to a shot or dribble
- Hyperdrive: boosts the speed and effectiveness of moving dribble moves
- Quick Chain: boosts the ability to quickly chain dribble moves together
- Post Playmaker: boosts the effectiveness of both shots and moves when playing in the post
- Triple Threat Juke: increases the effectiveness of triple threat fakes, jabs, and go moves
- Ball Stripper: ability to strip layup and dunk attempts more effectively
- Hustler: ability to get to those scrappy 50/50 balls quicker than opponents
- Menace: significantly drops the offensive ratings of opponents when you smother them
Additionally, for those who play MyCareer, 2K22 will introduce two new features in Badge Loadouts and Takeover Perks (next gen-only).
Badge Loadouts give players the ability to quickly and easily toggle what badges they have equipped based on how they're playing on a given day, or even based on the matchups stepping up to the Got Next spots. Meanwhile, Takeover Perks are said to be an upgrade to the Takeover system as modifiers that players can unlock and equip to strengthen their existing Takeover abilities.