In NBA 2K22 MyCareer on Next Gen, players can now unlock and equip Takeover Perks, which personalize and modify the Takeover system in a way never seen before in the simulation basketball series.
For those wondering how to unlock them, or the best ones to use, here is a breakdown of the Takeover Perks in NBA 2K22 MyCareer on Next Gen.
NBA 2K22 MyCareer Takeover Perks: Which to Use
The Double Takeover is system is back and truly better than ever in the Next Gen version of NBA 2K22 MyCareer.
While players can still choose between Finishing, Shooting, Playmaking and Defense/Rebounding Takeovers depending on their build, they can now equip one of 10 different Takeover Perks as well.
Here are the four defensive Takeover Perks:
- Decelerator: Slows down how quickly your opponents achieve Takeover if you are guarding them closely.
- Minimizer: Opponent's activated Takeovers don't last as long when closely guarded.
- Suppressor: Opponents with an active Takeover receive smaller attribute boosts when you are guarding them.
- Saboteur: When a guarded opponent commits a turnover or bad shot, their Takeover meter gets a larger penalty.
Here are the six offensive Takeover Perks:
- Second Chance: When Takeover is full but not yet activated, making a mistake won't completely reset the meter.
- Sponge: When a teammate performs an action to increase their Takeover meter, you get a small boost to your own.
- Extender: Extends the length of time that Takeover stays active.
- Juice: Gives an extra boost to your attributes when Takeover is activated.
- Stay Warm: Takeover meters won't drain as quickly when performing poorly.
- Accelerator: Takeover meters fill faster when performing well on the court, allowing you to get to Takeover quicker.
Ultimately, the Top 3 Takeover Perks that I would recommend for players to use in NBA 2K22 are Extender, Juice and Accelerator, mostly thanks to their abilities to be effective in a lot of situations.
First off, Extender is pretty straightforward, and does in fact extend the amount of time that your Takeover stays active for quite a bit. This is especially helpful for those who just got drafted and need more playing time as having your Takeover activated saves you from being subbed out.
Next, Juice is a good one to have for those looking to dominate online, whether in the park or in Rec. Simply having an even more powerful Takeover effect is pretty OP.
Lastly, for those who remember how broken the Heat Seeker, Hot Shot and Special Delivery Badges were in NBA 2K21 Next Gen, Accelerator is essentially all those stacked into one. By being able to get your Takeover faster, without having to give up any Badge points as well, it's clear that Accelerator is one of the best Takeover Perks in the game.