In NBA 2K22, MyTeam is back in full force, once again inviting those who first fire up the mode to choose between five different Evolution Starter Cards to begin building their squads with.
This year, 2K has given players five of the most exciting stars in the game today to choose from for their starter packs. While all of them sound good on paper, which is actually the best to use in-game? Here's a breakdown of the best Starter Card to choose in NBA 2K22 MyTeam.
NBA 2K22 MyTeam Starter Card: Which Pack to Choose
In order of best to worst, here's how the NBA 2K22 MyTeam Starter Cards rank:
- Trae Young: For those who've already got some in-game NBA 2K22 reps, you'll know that shooting is as easiest as it's ever been. If a player who can shoot is open, nine times out of 10, they're knocking it down. Additionally, small guards are way faster than taller players this year, making Young and Steph Curry feel as equally dangerous in-game as they are in real life. Pulling from deep with Young is going to be the easiest path of the five to evo to Ruby, and will be a breeze to run through Domination with.
- Jayson Tatum: The second card that early returns have had a positive consensus on thus far is Jayson Tatum. At 6'8", this Tatum card has better shooting stats than was to be expected when it was first announced he would be a Starter Card. An all-around beast to start out with, Tatum could legitimately come off this list first for those not a fan of Young for whatever reason.
- Zion Williamson: While Zion Williamson won't bring the shooting, he obviously brings the interior presence that is a great complement to an already solid lineup.
- Donovan Mitchell: Unfortunately for Donovan Mitchell, the main knock holding him back is that there are a handful of better shooting guard options out there already.
- Nikola Jokic: Off the bat, typically the best way to go when starting out in MyTeam is to have an uber-athletic big man that is a lob threat and a rebound/block collector. While this Nikola Jokic card is already neither of those archetypes, apparently, the reigning MVP isn't good at the things he's supposed to be good at either.
It's also important to note that for the first time ever in MyTeam, players can also earn all five of these Starter cards eventually.
After fully evolving a Starter Player, you will unlock a new Lifetime Agenda which will let you open the Starter Option Pack a second, third, fourth and fifth time to add all of these players to your collection.
Fully evolve that fifth Starter player and you will earn the first historic coach of the year, Emerald Phil Jackson.