From the lag out issue to improved framerate when navigating the City, here's a breakdown of the NBA 2K22 Next Gen Sept. 22 Update 1.5 patch notes for those on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
NBA 2K22 Next Gen Sept. 22 Update 1.5 Patch Notes Explained
Here is the list of patch notes for the Sept. 22 update for NBA 2K22 Next Gen:
- Additional stability improvements in an ongoing effort to improve your user experience.
- Fixed an issue that was causing City/Rec/Pro-Am/W Online games to disconnect either before the game started or at the conclusion of the game.
- Addressed an error code issue that was preventing specific MyCareer saves from being able to load into the City.
- Significantly improved loading speed when re-entering the City from a building interior (Apartment, Rec, Pro-Am, Event Center, etc.).
- Improved framerate when navigating the City on the Xbox Series X console.
- Traditional broadcast cameras are now available for use in MyNBA once again.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some MyNBA Online saves to overwrite other pre-existing saves.
- Gym Rat and On-Court Coach badges are now correctly being applied to all badge loadouts.
- Increased the velocity required before a player jumps/falls into or over the first row of the crowd via momentum.
- DJ Booths will no longer allow for tipping when in the proximity of a quest NPC.
What jumps off the page right away is the fix for the issue that had made playing park and Rec games pretty much impossible over the last couple of days. For whatever reason, shortly before and after tip-off, about half of the players would get kicked right away, leaving the rest with the bitter choice of going up against AI players or restarting their games.
At the time of writing, it does appear that the lag out issue has thankfully been fixed.
One other interesting fix in this patch was the adjustment to velocity in MyCareer NBA games, which had players hilariously flying into the crowd left and right.
Here are some issues have been documented across the Twitter timeline and Reddit threads within short notice of the patch's release:
- Bugs with the "Road to Glory" and "Toe the Line" Quests preventing players from progressing
- Homecourt advantage bug in MyCareer preventing players from playing games
- Can't accept challenges in the coach's office
- Online games causing Xbox consoles to crash/shut off