As the countdown to the launch of Season 1 and the Warzone Pacific era continues to rapidly fly by, Activision and Raven Software have launched Operation: Flashback.
For those keeping track of the Vanguard and Warzone Roadmap, the Call of Duty world is now officially in the heart of the "pre-season" thanks to Thursday's launch of Operation: Flashback — an encore limited-time mode for Verdansk celebrating its past 18 months of hosting over 100 million players strong in Warzone.
As part of Verdansk's "retirement tour," Raven Software created a special “Operation: Flashback” limited-time Quads mode, featuring plenty of surprises that cover and commemorate the once-unknown Kastovian city's action-packed history.
Available now, this event-packed mode is all about celebrating Verdansk’s history with something new at the start of every circle.
In Operation: Flashback, quads will still load up Verdansk '84 as usual, however, at the start of each circle collapse — including during Infil — players can expect an in-game Public Event from a select number of Seasonal Events seen in-game since Season 2 of Modern Warfare:
- Fire Sale: Major discounts at all Buy Stations for most items
- Jailbreak: All eliminated players redeploy into the match
- Supply Chopper: Supply Helicopters fly around the map (with their health now significantly reduced compared to the standard event to make them even more of a game-changer)
- Cash Drop: Plunder Cash drops become available across the map
- Loadouts: Free Loadout Drops (Loadout Drop Markers are only available to purchase from Buy Stations once this Loadout Drop Public Event has happened)
- Ground Fall (Season Four, Black Ops Cold War): Satellites crash to the ground in this event, dropping Satellite Caches
- Hostile Fire (Season Three, Black Ops Cold War): Arm C4 on the rooftop of “Downtown Tower” while avoiding the incoming attack chopper for one of the Vault Keycards, and the “Unfinished Business” Contracts make a return
- Restock (Season One, Black Ops Cold War via Rebirth Island): All Supply Boxes on the map close and refresh their loot
- Resurgence (Season One, Black Ops Cold War via Rebirth Island): All players redeploy if at least one squad member is still alive
- Juggernaut Royale (Season Four, Modern Warfare): Multiple Juggernaut crates deploy to the field, equippable as one-per-squad
- [REDACTED] Weapon Drops: A brand-new event for Operation: Flashback, expect a drop of heavy weapons crates with predefined loot to award the most daring squads with "huge firepower"
Additionally, these circle collapses will happen at a quicker pace and in greater numbers — nine instead of eight — yet they will be slightly larger in radius compared to those from a standard Battle Royale.
Operation: Flashback also features a dedicated item pool curated with weapons that many veterans will recognize as “meta-defining” since Warzone’s launch:
- Self-Revive Kit (Season Two, Modern Warfare): Medical kits allowing you or a squadmate to revive themselves after being downed during a match
- Precision Airstrike (Season Two, Modern Warfare): Throw on those binoculars to designate a twin jet precision strike on a path in your line of sight
- Cluster Strike (Season Two, Modern Warfare): Designate a mortar strike by pointing a handheld laser at any position within your line of sight
- Overdrive Perk (Season Five, Black Ops Cold War): Grants a temporary speed boost
- Gas Mask (Season Two, Modern Warfare): Single-use item that allows Operators to not take damage in the circle collapse for 10 seconds
- Durable Gas Mask (Season Five Secret Item, Modern Warfare): Single-use item that allows Operators to not take damage in the circle collapse for 30 seconds
- Advanced UAV (Season Two Secret Item, Modern Warfare): Reveals both the positions and directions of all Operators within Verdansk (Those who currently have Ghost equipped will also appear on the radar outside of 250 meters but will disappear once the squad using an Advanced UAV gets into that range)
- 2X Perk (Season Five, Black Ops Cold War): Doubles Points, XP, and Cash during its activation time
- Vault Keycards #1 and #3 (Season Three Secret Item, Black Ops Cold War): Can be used alongside Vault Keycard #2 from the “Downtown Tower” Public Event to unlock "[[CONFIDENTIAL]]"
- Hunter Vision (Season Five, Black Ops Cold War): Occasionally highlights all nearby enemies with a heat signature, granting increased visibility on them, even through cover
- Specialist Token (Season Three Secret Item, Black Ops Cold War): A highly desirable item that awards the player who loots this token with all available Perks
In addition to these items, players will receive a guaranteed Cluster Strike or Precision Airstrike for completing Scavenger Contracts, and a free UAV for Recon Contracts.
Lastly, in the main Buy Station menu, all of the usual offerings have been replaced in Operation: Flashback with the following:
- Self-Revive Kit
- Armor Plate Bundle
- Armor Box
- Recon Drone
- Munitions Box
- Sentry Gun
- Loadout Drop Marker
- Armored Truck
Those who relive the past and play Operation: Flashback will earn an exclusive Emblem for their participation. In addition, those who get in a win in the mode will get an animated Calling Card to prove their mastery going forward.