To celebrate the launch of Overwatch 2, Blizzard Entertainment has revealed that players will be able to earn exclusive, in-game cosmetics for free via Twitch Drops.
For those looking to secure the limited-time loot on launch week, here's a breakdown of how to get Overwatch 2 Twitch Drops.
Overwatch 2 Sukajan Kiriko Skin: How to Get
Just as with any Twitch Drop promotion, those looking to participate should ensure that their Twitch and Battle.net accounts are linked:
- Log in to your Battle.net account
- Go to your Battle.net Connections page
- Click Connect next to Twitch and follow the instructions
There will be four items for players to earn through Twitch Drops in October: a "I take care of my friends!" Kiriko voice line, a Legendary "Sukajan" Kiriko skin, a "Razor Sharp" Kiriko spray and a "Donut" weapon charm.
The opportunity to earn the four rewards will be split between two separate time windows.
Twitch Drop No. 1 – "I take care of my friends!" Voice Line & Legendary "Sukajan" Kiriko Skin
- Watch any stream in the Overwatch 2 category on Twitch for two hours between Oct. 7 at 5 p.m. ET and Oct. 16 at 2:59 p.m. ET to earn the "I take care of my friends!" voice line. Watch for another four hours (six total) during this time to earn the Legendary "Sukajan" Kiriko skin.
Twitch Drop No. 2 – "Razor Sharp" Kiriko Spray & "Donut" Weapon Charm
- Watch any stream in the Overwatch 2 category on Twitch for two hours between Oct. 17 at 2 p.m. ET and Oct. 24 at 3 a.m. ET to earn the "Razor Sharp" Kiriko spray. Watch for another three hours (five total) during this time to earn the "Donut" weapon charm.
You can earn and claim drops using your PC/Mac web browser or on the Twitch app for Android or iOS. However, Twitch apps on game consoles, smart TVs and other TV apps do not support drops.
You can earn progress towards a drop on any channel in the Overwatch 2 category on Twitch. You can, for example, watch half an hour on one channel and then switch to another channel without losing your progress. You cannot earn progress faster by watching more than one channel at a time.
Once you've fulfilled the watch time requirement(s), you must claim the drop on the channel you’re watching or in the Drops Inventory menu on Twitch. Earned Twitch Drop rewards will expire 14 days after they’ve been claimed if a Battle.net account has not been linked.
After claiming a drop on Twitch, you should make sure you’re logging into an Overwatch 2 account that pertains to the region you’d like to receive the drop(s) in, as the first region you log into will be where Blizzard delivers your items.
Thanks to the introduction of cross-progression in OW2, unlocking these items means you’ll have them on your account on any platform you choose to play on.