Evolution has been a mechanic in Pokemon since its conception, and players always look forward to powering-up their monsters either for battling or Pokedex completion. There's different methods of evolution in Pokemon GO, so here's how to complete that "Adventure Together to Evolve" requirement.
Upon its initial release, evolution in Pokemon GO was simple: simply feed Pokemon their respective candies to make them evolve. However, as more Pokemon were added, so were the quirks in their evolution processes, such as Pokemon that evolve by trading or those that evolve only during certain times of day. The “Adventure Together” requirement was added to accommodate for certain Pokemon evolutions, and introduced the “Buddy” mechanic.
Pokemon GO Adventure Together to Evolve: How to Complete
Certain Pokemon will require more than just candy to evolve, as Pokemon that evolve through adventuring together need to be equipped as Buddy Pokemon. Then, depending on the Pokemon, the player will have to complete a certain action to unlock their powered-up form. For example, a Pokemon may need to be walked a certain distance or complete a number of battles.
Here’s the list of Pokemon that can evolve through “adventuring together.” Be sure to equip them as Buddy Pokemon before doing the task:
- Eevee (into a Sylveon) - Earn 70 Hearts (attain Great Buddy rank).
- Galarian Farfetch'd - Make 10 Excellent Throws.
- Galarian Slowpoke - Catch 30 of any Poison or Psychic-type Pokémon.
- Galarian Yamask - Win 10 raids.
- Pancham - Catch 32 of any Dark-type Pokémon.
- Spritzee - Use 1 Incense.
- Swirlix - Use 25 treats.
- Inkay - Turn the mobile device upside down.
- Woobat - Walk 1km.
- Eevee (into Espeon or Umbreon) - walk 10 km during the Day (Espeon) or at Night (Umbreon).
- Mime Jr., Bonsly, and Happiny - Walk 15km.
- Feebas - Walk 20km.
There are no requirements Trainers themselves need to fulfill before attempting to evolve Pokemon via this method: simply capture the Pokemon, make them a Buddy, and complete the task.