Evolution has been a mechanic in Pokémon since its conception, and players always look forward to powering-up their monsters either for battling or Pokedex completion. There's different methods of evolution in Pokémon GO, so here's how to complete that "Adventure Together to Evolve" requirement.
Upon its initial release, evolution in Pokémon GO was simple: simply feed Pokémon their respective candies to make them evolve. However, as more Pokémon were added, so were the quirks in their evolution processes, such as Pokémon that evolve by trading or those that evolve only during certain times of day. The “Adventure Together” requirement was added to accommodate for certain Pokemon evolutions, and introduced the “Buddy” mechanic.
Pokémon GO Adventure Together to Evolve: How to Complete
Certain Pokémon will require more than just candy to evolve, as Pokémon that evolve through adventuring together need to be equipped as Buddy Pokémon. Then, depending on the Pokémon, the player will have to complete a certain action to unlock their powered-up form. For example, a Pokémon may need to be walked a certain distance or complete a number of battles.
Here’s the list of Pokémon that can evolve through "adventuring together." Be sure to equip them as Buddy Pokemon before doing the task:
- Eevee (into Espeon or Umbreon) — Walk 10km during the day (Espeon) or at night (Umbreon).
- Eevee (into Sylveon) — Earn 70 hearts.
- Galarian Farfetch'd — Make 10 Excellent Throws.
- Galarian Slowpoke (into Galarian Slowbro or Slowking) — Catch 30 of any Poison- (Galarian
- Slowbro) or Psychic-type (Galarian Slowking) Pokémon
- Galarian Yamask — Win 10 raids.
- Hisuian Sneasel — Walk 20km.
- Hisuian Qwilfish — Win 10 raids.
- Pancham — Catch 32 of any Dark-type Pokémon.
- Spritzee — Use 1 Incense.
- Swirlix — Use 25 treats.
- Inkay — Turn the mobile device upside down.
- Woobat — Walk 1km.
- Mime Jr. — Walk 15km.
- Bonsly — Walk 15km.
- Happiny — Walk 15km.
- Feebas — Walk 20km.
- Floette — Earn 20 hearts.
There are no requirements Trainers themselves need to fulfill before attempting to evolve Pokémon via this method: simply capture the Pokémon, make them a Buddy, and complete the task.